The Court Case that Could Cost Obama the Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. rew

rew

I wouldn't get my hopes up. When given a choice between strictly upholding the constitution vs. letting congress do whatever it wants the Supreme Court takes the latter course 90% of the time.

3. Health Mandate Challengers Face Tough Slog Before The Supreme Court
    Experts on both sides of the ideological divide say the ruling will come down to whether the justices rule with an eye toward precedent. If they do, they’ll uphold the law. An ideology-driven move to strike down the mandate, a central component of the law, would mark a rare, swift departure from precedent.

Citing half a century of jurisprudence, constitutional scholars envision an uphill battle for the challengers.
    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...attle-in-the-supreme-court.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

4. bone

bone

It appears that the Congress will stay in Republican hands - so like the Vietnam War and other major White House policy mistakes that require funding to implement, the Health Care mandates as handed down by the White House will simply not get funded and will subsequently wither and die. Never to get implemented - if they do, the result will be impotent and ineffectual.

5. pspr

pspr

I see it going against Obama either way the court rules.

If they approve the law the calls by Republicans to elect a Republican President and enough Senators to overturn the law will be very strong.

If they declare the law unconstitutional the Democrats will run on rewriting and correcting the law. This will be a fatal mistake for them.