the country will be respected again they said...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has cancelled a trip to Europe trip at the last minute.

Mr Pompeo had been due to fly out on Tuesday but Reuters reports that Luxembourg’s foreign minister and several top European Union officials have declined to meet with him.

Diplomats and people familiar with the matter confirmed the news to the wire service. The secretary was supposed to meet with his counterpart in Luxembourg before travelling on to Brussels.

The extraordinary snub to Washington comes just days after the storming of the Capitol by thousands of supporters of Donald Trump, an unprecedented attack on American democracy that stunned many world leaders and US allies.

Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

He is in thick with and defending sedition and insurrection, can't see why any European politicians would want that stink near them. They have their own voters most of whom will take a dim view.

Tony Stark likes this.
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

This has got to be the saddest and most pathetic ending of a presidency in US history,and I'm loving it :)

Trump went to war with Dems and the media and he got crushed.Watching Faux News today and they're just begging for mercy.The poor guy only has a few days left don't impeach.Biden should tell Nancy to back off.Biden said he wants unity so they should not impeach etc LOL!!!

Nine_Ender, wrbtrader and Bugenhagen like this.
  4. Ricter

Ricter

The world is just about begging for our sanity and leadership again.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Only 8 more days, man. We can do it.

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm curious to see how fast the GOP distance themselves from Trump after January 20th.

I don't understand the impeach but if it also means one of the results is that Trump can not hold public office anywhere...I'm for it unless there's an alternative way to prevent such.

I've heard "censoring" was proposed but he'll find away around that regardless. Yet, there must be consequences for inciting the attack on the Capitol and Democracy...

I feel sorry for Biden / Harris administration...its like someone rings your doorbell and you open the door to see burning bags on your porch. You step on it to put out the fire to only discover the bags are filled with shit.

Trump left burning bags of shit on porch of Biden / Harris and the rest of America including the GOP.

wrbtrader

Tony Stark likes this.
  7. wildchild

wildchild

you must be Chinese.

Xi told a top-level meeting in Beijing on Monday that he believed “time and momentum are on China’s side”, despite challenges including
    the coronavirus pandemic
    , supply chain disruptions, deteriorating relations with the West and a slowing economy.
    “The world is in a turbulent time that is unprecedented in the past century,” Xi said in the speech, according to party mouthpiece People’s Daily. “But time and momentum are on our side. This is where we show our conviction and resilience, as well as our determination and confidence.”

8. Overnight

Overnight

No, I am not Chinese. We, the USA, are on the precipice. We have 7 days left until the threat to this country is over. If you do not see it, you are blind.

9. userque

userque

I believe it removes certain benefits a POTUS gets after office.
    It also sends a message so that future POTUS' don't get an impression that they can act willy-nilly with the High Office, and not be held accountable.

So,
    1. Punishment. And,
    2. Deterrence.

Bugenhagen likes this.
  10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

No liebrary for him, nothing named after him. Security clearance removed so he cannot sell secrets.. Can't run for office again..

If Mitch votes to convict it will be worthwhile.

#10     Jan 13, 2021
    Tony Stark and userque like this.