The country needs a conservative alternative for President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jan 12, 2004.

1. let's spend hundreds of millions promoting single moms, deadbeat dads and casual sex...:D

#31     Jan 14, 2004
  2. lol - maybe you should be "outraged:" the party of "individual responsibility" cowardly trying to placate the evangelicals by wasting $1.5B in illegally-confiscated tax revenue on yet more social programs and foolish propaganda, instead of having the integrity to call for legislative action to ban gay marriage.

#32     Jan 14, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

What are you smoking? What does marriage have to do with propaganda? Are you saying that the institution of marriage is a fraud? Do you have an idea how much taxpayer money goes towards gay and lesbian education in this country? We have people on the left demanding gay education for children in the 3rd grade!!!!!!!!!!!.

You need to look around you. I think spending 1.5 billion on promoting the sanctity of marriage will reap huge rewards in the long run. It's a fact that married people live longer, make more money and live healthier lives. Thereby reducing healthcare costs, producing more tax revenue and reducing crime. Are you not capable of looking at the big picture? Oh wait, I'm sorry, I asked you to think. I'm sorry.

#33     Jan 14, 2004
  4. I agree that the government should do what it can to encourage kids to graduate, get married before havng children and stay married. Data show that if you do that you have about a 75% chance of avoiding poverty. Do the opposite and you have a 90%+ chance of living in poverty.

Where I have a problem is spending $1.5 bill on something that should be obvious. I doubt the effectiveness of a government propaganda campaign in any case, particularly when the entire social services bureaucracy is arrayed to encourage the opposite.

#34     Jan 14, 2004
  5. OUCH! Mav you can really deliver 'em! brains and wit, deadly combination.

AAA already answered your point. if you think wasting money on yet more bureacracy to print flyers and make silly "just say no" commercials (i.e., propaganda) is really going to inspire a overhaul of society and somehow make people live longer, reduce healthcare costs, and increase tax revenues (!) ...... :confused:

well I wish I had the skill to make that sound even more ridiculous - I'll wait to see if NVS has anything to add.

#35     Jan 14, 2004
  6. Bush needs a $$$ diet.

#36     Jan 14, 2004
  7. History's judgement will not be so generous. He'll be bottom third at best.

m

#37     Jan 14, 2004
  8. What would you substitute? If you say a large modern nation needs no revenue and no government at all, you are whacked.

m

#38     Jan 14, 2004
  9. Maybe Mav would enjoy living in a theocracy...that's exactly what the right wing religious fundamentalists envision. It's just the other side of the Islamic fundamentalist coin. And we can see just how wonderful that is.

m

#39     Jan 14, 2004
  10. You're reminding me of that character on MASH...Frank..you know the guy who thought he was cleverer than he really was.

m

#40     Jan 14, 2004