The Constitution has seen better days.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, Feb 7, 2012.

1. With so much in the news regarding our constitution, I was wondering if our Constitution is still a valid model for other countries and what do other countries think of our document. A relevant article in todays NY Times with a follow up study, should be interesting.

Hmnnn..

Our constitution is lacking...

"entitlement to food, education and health care."

---------------------

“The U.S. Constitution appears to be losing its appeal as a model for constitutional drafters elsewhere,” according to a new study by David S. Law of Washington University in St. Louis and Mila Versteeg of the University of Virginia.

The study, to be published in June in The New York University Law Review, bristles with data. Its authors coded and analyzed the provisions of 729 constitutions adopted by 188 countries from 1946 to 2006, and they considered 237 variables regarding various rights and ways to enforce them."

Cont on link...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/us/we-the-people-loses-appeal-with-people-around-the-world.html

2. pspr

pspr

Liberals don't like our Constitution. Even Justice Ginsburg says our constitution would not be a good starting point for Egypt. They should use something like the South African constitution.

I've never read the SA constitution but I'm sure there are more liberal holes in in it so the likes of Ginsburg and Obama will be satified that there can be easy "real change" in a country if the <s>dictator</s> president decides to make changes.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

When liberals discuss the need to change the United States Constitution you can be sure that the document is doing its job to protect you.

I keep hearing liberals refer to the Constitution as a "living document". Bullshit.