The constant Hershey Threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thief, Sep 24, 2007.

Should something be done about the constant Hershey threads?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2007.
  1. Yes, I am annoyed and wish something would be done

50 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No, I dont care at all

37 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. Slacker, you do know Tim Sykes is a paid sponsor here at ET right? Not defending him in any way, just pointing out the fact that he is.

#31     Sep 28, 2007
  2. slacker

slacker

Indeed he is a sponsor. A sponsor should be answering questions about his product. Sykes now has at least 7 threads open defending his failed trading record and promoting his book.

Sykes has a license to spam. Visitors are subjected to this constant low value information at every page view. How do you put all of the Timmay threads on ignore?

Have you read some of the toxic posts that come from Timmay?

Why is Timmay's behavior any less offensive than the trolls that are being complained about?

Oh, because Timmay paid a sponsor's fee he can post and create as much drek as he wants.

I do not mind advertisers, banners, ads and information threads such as the Open Order thread by the Brights. The Timmay threads are 'intrusive' and contribute to the low quality of ET. (IMHO)

You seem to be a reasonable fellow Steve; behavior wise, what difference do you see between trolls and Timmay?

#32     Sep 28, 2007
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Thief.....You need obsession therapy.

#33     Sep 29, 2007
  4. Thief

Thief

LOL, oh and the guy who has started 30+ aliases to talk about Jack Hershey and Jack Hershey alone doesnt? :D

#34     Sep 29, 2007
  5. lol

#35     Oct 1, 2007
  6. Why did hershey quit usenet.... misc.invest.futures ?
    Why will this swamp be overtaken by t28 et al ?
    Why aren't robust trading methodologies being exposed for free on the web?
    Why does the 2nd law of thermodynamics apply to web content ?
    Why does information seek to be free irrespective of its validity ?

#36     Oct 1, 2007
  7. Thief

Thief

Mods, please close the poll. The alias creator votes "no" everytime a new alias is created and the data from the poll is no longer accurate. From my PM box alone, I count 10 aliases created since the poll took effect.

Fortunately, Baron has seen enough antics to know that this guy is seriously causing people headaches and therefore the poll was successful.

Thanks to all that voted, hopefully new measures will be implimented in the coming months to keep these kinds of people off ET for good.

#37     Oct 3, 2007
  8. He called first to his eldest son,
    Saying, 'My life is almost run;
    If I to you this mill do make,
    What toll do you intend to take?'

'Father,' said he, 'my name is Jack;
    Out of a bushel I'll take a peck,
    From every bushel that I grind,
    That I may a good living find.'

#38     Oct 5, 2007