The constant Hershey Threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thief, Sep 24, 2007.

Should something be done about the constant Hershey threads?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2007.
  1. Yes, I am annoyed and wish something would be done

50 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No, I dont care at all

37 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. hcour

hcour Guest

Yeah, he ain't too bright, either. He does his usual shtick under various aliases - sometimes even using the same phrases - and actually thinks no one recognizes him as the same asshole.

Here will be one of his responses to these last few posts:

1) Oh, sure! It's one guy writing all these anti-jack threads! Twits!

2) You're just feeding the troll by responding to him! Why don't you just ignore him!

3) Jack is EVIL and deserves all the grief he gets!

Not much imagination, this troll.

Harold

#21     Sep 27, 2007
  2. Yeah he is full of all the same phrases and complaints. He is so easy to spot, he cant control himself.

Gotta love how the troll blames others for keeping him alive when all he needs to do is show some self discipline and just give up all this nonesense. This is actually why I know he is a subpar trader, because of the lack of self control he displays here will only project out into his trading endevours as well. And the fact that he will respond to this post in some way will only strengthen my case.

#22     Sep 27, 2007
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

the best way to deal with troll is turn your proverbial back to him. It works.:)

#23     Sep 27, 2007
  4. andread

andread

If everyone does the same, which doesn't seem to be the case
    Maybe it could be an idea, instead of banning the trolls, to push people not to react

#24     Sep 28, 2007
  5. slacker

slacker

You can divide the 'heavy traffic' posters into two groups.

a. ET 'approved' posters such as Marketsurfer, Timmay and Hershey.

b. 'Unapproved' posters such as Trader28.

There are no controls at all to keep Surfer, Timmay and Hershey from unsubstantiated claims, misrepresentations and outright lies other than the unapproved 'heavy traffic posters' called trolls.

I do not have the time or the interest to engage in these exchanges, but the 'trolls' provide a balance that would not be here otherwise. Without them this site would be simply Timmay, Surf and Hershey et. al. all the time.... (Almost to that point today, by the way.)

Keep it up Trader28!!!

P.S. If I needed an example of this message take a look at the Spam-job Timmay is doing today. I hope when and if Hershey really does quit Trader28 will take Timmay as his next object of attention.

I think there is more support for Trader28 from people who seldom post, and the objections against Trader28 are mostly from those 'approved' trolls or their followers.

#25     Sep 28, 2007
  6. Your missing the point slacker

Just because someone disagrees with Surfer and the others you listed does not make them a troll. Thunderdog disagrees with Marketsurfer quite often and does so in a civil manner. I applaud him for it.

What a "real" troll does is disrupt and bring threads to a stop. Also the "real" trolls make it difficult for those who want to participate in a thread to do so without having to wade through all the crap they generate.

As regards content, clearly its not your business to decide what should or shouldn't be posted. Not mine either. From a practical standpoint, ET is like a garage sale. One man's junk is another's treasure. Let each of us decide for ourselves where we find value. The problem comes when we disagree on this. The "real" trolls resort to multiple posts using multiple aliases (Trader28 is the classic example), bullying, and villifying the person until they just get tired of the bullshit and go elsewhere (like I did)...

Certainly its up the site owner, but those who have been here a while (and that number is dwindling fast) know that this site has changed significantly from a place where experienced traders might hang out and offer some help, to a place where only newbies and spammers go to look for help (and victims). As a result of this development I won't post any content on the site, and I know others have made the same decision. I leave the rest to others.

Seeya
    Steve

#26     Sep 28, 2007
  7. Thief

Thief

Yes, there are controls against Jack, Tim and Surfer. Its called the IGNORE BUTTON. Unfortunately, it doesnt work on Trader28 or whoever the alias creator is, because he comes back every few hours with a new name and starts at it all over again with people. I have at least 6 PM's from the same guy (with different aliases) calling me all sorts of names because I left ET feedback about his nonsense. I dont care because I just pass them along to Baron and then he gets banned again but its this sort of personality that isnt needed here at ET. He's a harrasser. Just this morning he PM's me with curse words and also that he made 8K for the morning. Who in their right mind cares so much about Jack Hershey and belittleing all of those who learn his method but at the same time is that successful?? Doesnt make sense, He's obviously a liar and is pissed off but thats not my problem.

So, if you have an issue with any of the guys you mentioned throw them on ignore and that'll be the end of it. Wish the same could be said about the Trader28 guy but it just doesnt work that way.

#27     Sep 28, 2007
  8. slacker

slacker

I agree the site has changed and I also would not post here more than a comment or two. At one time ET was a very positive step-up from the Yahoo forums, but about the same now.

The difference in a "real" troll is very subjective.

Surfer, Hershey and Timmay have all created multiple aliases and have disrupted other people's threads.

Hershey has posted more than once that this is not by accident but by design to increase his visibility.

So. without the trolls there would be less balance than there is now.

Steve, did you notice the spam-job that Timmay is doing today? I wish there was a troll who had nothing to do but birddog Timmay the way that Trader28 tracks Hershey. I do not remember Trader28 ever being as disruptive or constantly spamming the way Timmay is doing. If Trader28 paid a 'spam-pass' sponsor fee I guess he would be an 'approved' troll.

Anyway, if there is no restraint of the 'approved' trolls, then the site deserves the 'disruptive' trolls.

You cannot pray for rain and then curse the lightening and thunder.

I guess it is all counts as pageviews for the advertisers...

#28     Sep 28, 2007
  9. Lets see, Hershey arrived at ET in 2003 and marketsurfer arrived in 2002 and Timmothy arrived 2007.

Basically your saying that at one time ET was a positive place before 2002.

Another way of looking at the above...

Your saying that you approve of the disruptive trolls for making ET a place that's no longer a positive place to exchange useful trading thoughts.

Jack and gang are the negative bunch while the anti-Jack spammers are the positive bunch that's needed to bring balance. :confused: :confused: :confused:

At least your being honest that ET decline is not all Jacks fault because you openly support the actions of others that help with bringing ET down further.

* An eye for an eye

* You slap my friend and I will slap you back

Just keep one thing in mind.

EliteTrader.com is a business for Baron and it generates income for him.

Eventually he will (so far he hasn't done much) go after those that's causing him to lose money.

Simply, the real balance will occur when Baron decides to take aggressive action instead of the cosmetic surface stuff he's been doing so far.

If that day arrives, it should because most react angrily when their livelyhood is messed with...

I'll then see ET as a place again to post useful content.

I just can't imagine Baron sitting around too much longer because those that pay the bills aren't blind, deaf nor mute.

With that said, after this message post...I'll start hanging out at the ET underground until balance has returned.

By the way, all this talk about bringing balance to the universe sounds like something out of Star Wars.

To Baron...may the force be with you. :cool:

Mark
    (former ET content poster)

#29     Sep 28, 2007
  10. slacker

slacker

I think you are correct, ET is a business.

And when advertisers start to look at 'conversion rate' instead of 'page views' some action will take place.

How many of the page views actually convert to a product 'click thru' or a purchase? Baron might have the data...

Would it be better if the moderators policed both the trolls on the approved list, Marketsurfer, Timmay, and Hershey et al, as well as the unapproved trolls?

If someone is repeating the same drivel for the 100th time how about deleting the message?

If you have a Journal thread going on for years that has no trading information at all with bogus entries and exits what is the contribution to ET? It is fraud and fantasy.

Stop all posters who have known identities such as Sykes, Goodboy and Hershey. Stop the attention-sluts.

Then you might generate some good discussions that have something to do with trading instead of spamming products, and increasing a post count (for whatever reasons).

Granting a 'spam-pass' is different than a sponsor such as Don Bright and others who discuss and answer questions about their products. How does spamming differ from the trolls that are complained about?

Once someone has been banned for breaking the rules don't let them return.

Enforcing the no-alias policy. Timmay is clearly using multiple aliases with no pushback at all. Why shouldn't the unauthorized trolls do the same?

In short, end the double-standard and a 'protected class' of posters. Then the need for trolling will almost disappear.

When conversion rates become more important than raw page counts to advertisers a change could take place. A better quality of postings would increase the number of 'click thrus' but decrease the number of raw page views. It is a business at the end of the day for the advertisers as well.

#30     Sep 28, 2007