The Complete TurtleTrader - "Memo" to Cut Back

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

That's cool.

#31     Nov 17, 2007
  2. #32     Nov 17, 2007
  3. #33     Nov 17, 2007
  4. hughb

hughb

That's the most recent thing I've seen on Dennis in a long time. The last was in September of 2000 when he shut his fund down again. I wonder if the investors sued him again like they did after he closed down in 1988? anybody know? He seemed very bitter about getting sued.

#34     Nov 17, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

#35     Nov 18, 2007
  6. trader magazine has mr covel writing about the turtles
    in its latest issue

:cool:

#36     Nov 21, 2007
  7. jem

jem

I was in that fund, I did not get any notice of class action.

But, I scaled out of his fund and therefore was net profitable.

He had a big drawdown then a very quick recovery. I took my profits out. Then watched the remainder of my account get crushed in just a few months.

#37     Nov 24, 2007
  8. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

He had at least (3) separate DDs managing client money that ended bad. Which period are you referring to? 83, 88 or 00?

#38     Nov 24, 2007
  9. rwk

rwk

A supplement to the 11/2007 issue of "Futures" magazine, entitled Agents of Change, has an article about Richard Dennis that appears to have fairly recent quotes. This is one I found interesting:

Dennis says trend following is more difficult today and the struggles of trend followers are not simply due to cycles but to a fundamental change in the markets. "Something has changed. There is certainly more efficiency. I think trend following is harder, it had to get that way because the more people do it, the more that the opportunities are arbitraged out," he says.

[rwk]

#39     Nov 24, 2007
  10. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Good point. He has made similar statements over the course of his career.

#40     Nov 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.