The Complete TurtleTrader - "Memo" to Cut Back

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opinions vary.

#11     Nov 16, 2007
  2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I understand that my response was not couched in a syrupy Dr. Phil "Kumbaya" tone, but your remarks were indeed ignorant. You did not bother to review my sourcing and you did not bother to review the fact checking process of "Trader Monthly", you just launched into mindless accusations. As an example, politically Bloomberg (in the States) would most likely lead best. Politically I am afraid based on your post you are in the <a href="http://www.dennis4president.com/">Kucinich</a> camp. I would not expect us to see eye to eye.

#12     Nov 17, 2007
  3. I have to agree with someone who posted earlier that this a really stupid thread. I was just entertained by the back and forth drama between the author and others.

I have not read either of the turtle books......although while i was at the bookshop, i saw the first one, looked through it for about 5minutes and quickly put back on the shelf. The reason why.......is that the book will not be able to teach about how trade trend movements in price, it seemed like fluff.

You might ask i do i know, i am a profitable trend trader for many years and i build up from my econometrics and stats backround.......building a profitable model that can exploit a trend is no easy feat and no one book can teach especially when it is a story book. Yes, i did only look at it for 5minutes but for someone who has a libary of books, you get a knack for picking quality books.

If all knowledgeable traders have an issue with the book, just dont buy it, let this guy be in peace and those suckers who do buy either of these books, its a learning curve.

#13     Nov 17, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

LOL

I give you one week in this forum before your torn to pieces.

You aren't in Kansas anymore Dorthy, this is ET and we don't take well to snake oil salesmen in here.

#14     Nov 17, 2007
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Thanks for the heads up Toto. Any chance you would be agreeable to a film interview?

#15     Nov 17, 2007
  6. Mike,

have you done a study on how long trends persist for on average?

#16     Nov 17, 2007
  7. I also perused thru the book after reading a somewhat boring "tease article" in Traders Mag. I don't know why any real trader would purchase this other than for maybe nostalgia or because he's a relative of the author.

This book rates a lowly 3 on my book rating meter. (Blank paper is an automatic 2)

#17     Nov 17, 2007
  8. But blank paper is so beautiful. So innocent and uncorrupted...So...so..Tabla Rosa...I give it a 2.5 automatically....

I never undertood why the hell anyone cared about the Turtles in the first place. Never even remotely appealed to me..I can't understand what the big deal is.

But that's just my opinion.

#18     Nov 17, 2007
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Serious about the interviews. 'scarylarry' would you appear on film?

#19     Nov 17, 2007
  10. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

For example, Jerry Parker answered a random want ad, had no real trading experience, and is now arguably a billionaire from trend trading. We can agree to disagree.

#20     Nov 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.