The Compleat [sic] Day Trader

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by The_Krakenite, Jan 13, 2022.

1. I am not a day-trader, but picked this book up at the library just to see what they are preaching in these texts as of late.

This one is written by Jake Bernstein, who has at least two other books I believe.

Someone here probably has gone through it at one time or another. Curious what your thoughts were.

I'm over half-way through, and have to say I'm not converted, but will continue on for interest.

2. jharmon

jharmon

You do know this was originally published in 1995 and updated in 2010?

3. LuckyMac

LuckyMac

There are tonnes of books from all types including Day Traders. I would use it loosely to try and see if it suits you but the only way is to actually day trade and see what you think. Trading books arent nearly enough to decide what style youll trade. Mark Douglas Trading in the Zone is the only one i re read as it is the fundamental of trading beyond a set strategy or style

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. zdreg

zdreg

It is a long time ago. My recollection is that Jake Bernstein's book was excellent. Thanks for the memories.

5. Handle123

Handle123

Bernstein written 42 books, He says he is an expert, what he doesn't say is expert at losing.
    NFA fined him $200,000 for false advertising and barred him.
    Long long ago I read couple of his books and thought they were crap, but "One man's crap is another man's crap."
    http://www.jakebernstein.com/welcome.php

For books I like John Hill's book from 1970's but hard to come by or
    and Bob Volman.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  6. maxinger

maxinger

That is a good one.

Luckily I don't have to read trading books anymore.

7. Finished reading it tonight. Cant say there was anything much useful in it (except for me). I also don't believe his methods work. Which is expected, if they did, he wouldn't be selling his secrets away, now would he?

Didn't know about his barring from the NFA. Interesting drama there...