The Coming Resignation of Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I really have no idea. I think it is too soon to know. Clinton wasn't predicted in 89 to be the dem president. Obama certainly was not predicted to be the president by most in 2006.

These days, things can change very quickly.

You saw the ridiculousness of the locals here at ET talking up Scott Brown when he won the Mass. senate seat...as if he would be the next president.

I don't think it will be Romney, because he is not considered a Christian by so many of the Christian right wingers. I doubt Huckabee or Jindal. I can't see the party regulars putting up Palin. Paul...no chance.

I continue to think we will see a moderate party regular big business supporter who is a bit to the right side of the moderate silent majority of the party...and then a third party candidate that the teabaggers will put up.

I don't think the teabaggers are politically astute. They don't understand the type of compromises necessary to get elected or be effective as president...and if they don't get everything their way in the primary or the convention, they will protest and put up their own candidate which would be a great boon for Obama. Paul didn't get that much of the vote, but I could see a strong third party candidate from the baggers doing much the same as Ross Perot did...which was to help Bill Clinton get elected.

It will come down in all likelihood to the economy in 2012, and that is unpredictable, IMO.

I has seen too many ultra bears predicting full on gloom and doom...all our of a gleeful hope that they will somehow survive and get rich in the process. Not bloody likely. At least not yet, and probably not the way people think it will happen.

#51     Jun 3, 2010
  2. I don't listen to either of those Duschbags, but you should stop listening to that Rachel Maddow dude.. FYI, I'm a Michael Savage, Phil Hendrie, and Neil Boortz man.

Rennick out:cool:

#52     Jun 3, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

You should change your handle to "Free Thinker" maybe then you can plagiarise some thoughts from huffington post and pretend they were atleast original.

#53     Jun 3, 2010
  4. JEB!! with Bobby Jindel VP... Both will have Gulf Oil cred, and it's time for another Bush.

Rennick Rassmussen out:cool:

#54     Jun 3, 2010
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

We could send up a cardboard cutout of a candidate and still beat Obama in 2012. He will be a lame duck about this time next year. He is going to get in alot of golf.

Suddenly it has occurred to the left that a community organizer with one purchased term in Congress doesn't actually possess sufficient experience or appropriate work ethic to accomplish the tasks confronting the office. The man is simply not up to it.

He is probably smoking a joint in the lincoln bedroom watching CNN right now. Next time you folks might want to put a little more thought into your vote.

:D

#55     Jun 3, 2010
  6. Figures you would listen to a right wing nutball, a comedian practicing politics on the radio, and a clown who wrote speeches for Lester Maddox and by his own admission is just an entertainer...

#56     Jun 3, 2010
  7. You can always hope that your dreams come true...

Sorry, the cardboard cutout named George Bush served his two terms and can't be elected president again...

#57     Jun 3, 2010

8. All great broadcasters. You're just pissed that Capt. Kangaroo kicked. Hey, at least you still have Larry King and Coo Coo Oberman.:cool:

#58     Jun 3, 2010
  9. Great broadcasters?

Perhaps they are the Dick Clark to American Bandstand in terms of actual talent.

Great minds?

Not a chance...

True intellectuals?

Not a prayer.

There are no great minds on talk radio, or in TV broadcasting, etc.

These fools, including Oberman, just play to their base for money in their pockets.

All of them sell their soul every day to make a buck...

#59     Jun 3, 2010
  10. For the record Savage has a doctorate, Hendrie is pure genius, and Boortz dominates his space.:cool:

#60     Jun 3, 2010