The Coming Resignation of Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jun 2, 2010.

1. He has pissed alot of people off,including myself

He has pissed me off by not fighting for the public option,not being more aggressive against attacks,trying to work with Republicans etc

I want a man like FDR,who would have never accepted the health deal obama accepted,would have never accepted Conservative Dem's messing with his agenda,would have told Republicans to kiss his ass and we are doing things his way.Thats what I want from Obama

Obama has pissed many off,but that doesn't mean we are ready to vote for Romney,palin,jindal etc

#21     Jun 2, 2010
  2. Move on . org is now starting to attack obama. Apparently the MMM head was a BP employee.

This guy is toast, he should go back to directing clean up crews in Chicago parks.

#22     Jun 2, 2010
  3. Weren't you a McCain man who said Obama would not win?

#23     Jun 2, 2010
  4. Obamas 95 + % black vote isn't going anywhere

Obamas 90 + % gay vote isn't going anywhere

Obamas 65-70 + % Hispanic vote isn't going anywhere.I'm wrong,its going up due to sotomyer and siding with Hispanics on the Arizona law

He will get the majority of the women vote,he didn't pick 2 women supreme court justices for nothing

Obama still has many white male supporters like myself

All Obama has to worry about is klannish white males,but I doubt thats enough to stop him.When he reaches Reagan's low of 35 % or Bush's low of 25 % I will be worried

#24     Jun 2, 2010
  5. Look, people bitch all the time about their jobs, their wives, their sports teams, yada, yada, yada...

Does that mean they quit their job, get a divorce, or stop watching their favorite sports team?

Have you noticed that the republicans don't talk about who is going to beat Obama?

#25     Jun 2, 2010
  6. +1

#26     Jun 2, 2010
  7. Sarah Palin 2012 !!!!!!!.I will be first in line to vote for her in the Republican primaries

An analysis of exit poll data conducted by the CAWP revealed the following:

Women's votes were a significant factor in Senator Barack Obama's victory, with a sizable gender gap evident in the election results....Women strongly preferred Obama to Senator John McCain (56 percent for Obama, 43 percent for McCain), unlike men, who split their votes about evenly for the two presidential candidates (49 percent for Obama, 48 percent for McCain).

---

Women's Issues.Impact of the Women's Vote in the 2008 Election

Why Sarah Palin as 'the Female Candidate' Failed to Win Women Voters

By Linda Lowen,
    .Nov 10 2008

Throughout the 2008 presidential election cycle, the so-called 'women's vote' was a highly sought-after bloc. From Newsweek magazine's "What Women Want" cover story1 to the wide-ranging speculation of political pundits of both genders, answers varied as to what might attract women voters to one campaign over another.

The passion engendered by Hillary Clinton's failed presidential bid2 and her standing as the most successful runner-up in history led some to believe that a nearly foolproof way to secure the women's vote would be to put a woman on the ticket. When Senator Barack Obama won the Democratic nomination after a contentious primary season, many of Clinton's 18 million supporters hoped he would strongly consider her as his running mate.

A Female Number Two
    Yet Obama passed over Clinton and several other female VP possibilities (including Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius3) to name Senator Joe Biden as his running mate.

Republican candidate John McCain, whose track record on women's issues did not indicate strong support4 over the years, strayed from his short list of potential VPs to choose a relative unknown - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin5 - on August 29, 2008, partly in hopes of attracting disgruntled Hillary Clinton supporters6.

At the time, a large number of observers felt the McCain campaign strategy was brilliant and the unexpected pick consistent with his 'maverick'7 image.

Gender Alone Isn't Enough
    In retrospect, however, the fact that one political party nominated a female candidate did not matter to the majority of women voting in 2008.

According to the Center for American Women in Politics (CAWP) at Rutgers University, despite John McCain's historic choice of a running mate8, women showed a clear preference for Barack Obama.

An analysis of exit poll data conducted by the CAWP revealed the following9:

Women's votes were a significant factor in Senator Barack Obama's victory, with a sizable gender gap evident in the election results....Women strongly preferred Obama to Senator John McCain (56 percent for Obama, 43 percent for McCain), unlike men, who split their votes about evenly for the two presidential candidates (49 percent for Obama, 48 percent for McCain).

Charm Wears Off
    The much-heralded 'Sarah Palin effect' - the bump in McCain's poll numbers that began after the initial announcement and skyrocketed following her impressive speech10 before the Republican National Convention - diminished over the course of the campaign.

Women voters who were initially charmed by her 'pit bull with lipstick' hockey mom image began to question her capabilities after two unflattering TV interviews with Charlie Gibson11 and Katie Couric12 were broadcast in September 2008.

For many, Palin's fervent anti-abortion stance13 (even in the case of rape or incest) and her desire to overturn Roe v. Wade represented extreme views they could not support.

Drag on the Ticket

This shift in women's attitudes toward Palin was reflected in a national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Oct. 16-19, 2008, and reported on October 2114:

Sarah Palin appears to be a continuing – if not an increasing – drag on the GOP ticket....Women, especially women under age 50, have become increasingly critical of Palin: 60% now express an unfavorable view of Palin, up from 36% in mid-September. Notably, opinions of Palin have a greater impact on voting intentions than do opinions of Joe Biden, Obama’s running mate.

"Nail in the Coffin"
    Strong anti-Palin sentiment among women surfaced on a number of fronts. From the blogosphere15 and op-ed pieces written by leading feminists16, to columns penned by prominent conservatives17 and interviews with everyday female voters, many questioned her qualifications and grew uneasy as details of Troopergate18 and her $150,000 clothing budget19 came out.

And although Palin initially identified herself as a feminist, she began to shy away from that label20 - a move that did not help.

An early argument expressed by feminists - that the Palin pick was nothing more than a cheap attempt to pander to women - eventually reverberated among mainstream voters as well, including the crucial independent and swing voters.

Mary Gockowski , a 52-year-old Ohio preschool worker who voted twice for President Bush, explained to MSNBC why she couldn't vote for the GOP this year21:

"I do like Barack Obama, but Sarah Palin was the nail in the coffin," she said. "I objected to (McCain's) judgment and to the idea that, 'Here, we'll give another female to the women of America because they might be dumb enough to vote for a female because of her sex.'"
    If the 2008 election had any lessons to offer in the gender debate, the most obvious one is this: Although women may eagerly flock to a female candidate in the initial stage of a campaign, by the time election day rolls around it's the candidate's position on the issues - and not her or his sex - that exerts greater influence on the female voter.

#27     Jun 2, 2010
  8. The dems should have beaten Bush in 2004. His popularity numbers weren't that great, the Iraq war wasn't that popular, the economy wasn't great, oil prices were up, and there were numerous other issues that Bush had.

What did the dems do?

They nominated John Kerry...

So, until I know who the republicans put up for president, it is difficult to predict what happens in 2012.

#28     Jun 2, 2010
  9. All Obama has to worry about is klannish white males
    -------------------------------

I really doubt it.

The klannish white males are robbing the country blind.

#29     Jun 2, 2010
  10. I bet you think move on.org and James Carville will be supporting and voting for Republicans in 2012 right ?

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

#30     Jun 2, 2010