The Coming Renationalization of Petrobras.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Cesko

Cesko

In my opinion Petrobras is a better source of capital to implement my economic development plan than any foreign government or international institution such as the World Bank and so forth. The renationalization of Petrobras it makes sense to me for this particular purpose.
    You should read about postwar West Germany to have any clue how wealth and modern economy gets created.
    Nationalized Petrobras will be milk cow for few chosen at the top,who with their cohorts will be filling their Swiss accounts neglecting this cow until it stops giving. The "owners"(people?!) won't see a shit.
    That's what's going on in Russia and elsewhere.
    People the owners, that truly floors me.

#31     Jul 9, 2008
  2. Cesko

Cesko

SA your images, ideas are just what could should would be. There is not a slightest bit of sense for reality in your brain.

#32     Jul 9, 2008
  3. pod11432

pod11432

Do you have a link to that article?

#33     Jul 9, 2008
  4. Completely correct. I don't know what people see in this retard's continuing ramblings.

I am sure he would be singing the praises if someone nationalized something he happened to have a major stake in.

#34     Jul 10, 2008
  5. SA
    I think that libertad is right, you should give deep consideration to returning to Brazil and develop into one of the leaders who will Brazil forward into it's rightful place in 21st century.

You can only achieve so much from a distance no matter how well connected you may feel that you are in the country of your birth.

In the end great leadership is borne from deep commitment and democracies demand that their leaders lead from the front and not merely comment from the sidelines.

This is where you, one man, can make an enormous impact on Brazil's future and I urge you along with libertad to give it your deepest consideration.

All it takes is commitment

regards
    f9

#35     Jul 10, 2008
  6. GAG COUGH ACK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SA's yay Brazil, boo USA, twist the facts makes Hugo Chavez look more appealing

#36     Jul 10, 2008
  7. .

July 10, 2008

SouthAmerica: To all at this forum

Every forum has a member with the intellect of a 5 year old kid. In our forum that honor goes to Trader Zones - and his postings speak for itself.

This guy does not have even the minimum intellect required for him to realize that he is Pathetic.

I have no idea why this silly person still reading my postings.

Anyway he is the only person in this forum on my ignore list since I don't have the time to waste with this clown.

#37     Jul 11, 2008
  8. .

July 11, 2008

SouthAmerica: Yesterday, I received an email from RGE Monitor saying that they are going to reproduce my piece granting credit to Brazzil Magazine. You can see the actual article and the comments at the following location:

http://www.rgemonitor.com/latam-mon...uld_demand_the_renationalization_of_petrobras

Under the leadership of Professor Nouriel Roubini, RGE Monitor became a very prestigious and influential global economics website in a short period of time.

It is an honor for me to see my article published with such an elite group of economic and political experts.

About the RGE Monitor

Nouriel Roubini is Professor of Economics at the Stern School of Business, New York University, and Chairman of RGE Monitor -

http://www.rgemonitor.com

Professor Nouriel Roubini is quoted frequently on the mainstream media, because he has an excellent track record. And his forecasts about the US economy have been very accurate.

If you never heard of RGE Monitor, then here is information from their website:

About Us

RGE Monitor delivers ahead-of-the-curve global economic insights that financial professionals need to know. Our analysts define the key geostrategic debates and continuously distill the best thinking on all sides. This intelligence, along with exclusive analysis from internationally-known experts, is accessed through a powerful Web interface that provides both focused snapshots and deeper perspectives. Whether you are establishing direction, executing transactions, influencing decisions or performing in-depth research, RGE Monitor is your essential resource.

Our Story

RGE Monitor was founded in 2004 by a prestigious team of economic and political experts. Today, thousands of senior managers at first-tier public and private financial institutions rely on our insights. Our clients include prominent asset managers, hedge funds, commercial banks, investment banks, policy organizations and universities. Thanks to our innovative content and services, RGE Monitor has been named one of the world's best economics websites by BusinessWeek, The Economist, Forbes and the Wall Street Journal.

#38     Jul 11, 2008
  9. .

July 11, 2008

SouthAmerica: By the way, I will be very surprised if there is any comments in favor of my plan from that particular audience.

I understand the reaction that I am going to get from these people from hedge funds, mutual funds, all kinds of banks, insurance companies, pension plans, private investors and so on - keep in mind that all these people are aware that Petrobras is becoming a major gold mine with great prospects for the future.

And many of these institutions and people own a piece of Petrobras and my article is saying to all these people I am going to take this gold mine away from you.

#39     Jul 11, 2008
  10. asap

asap

southam

i am not seeing what the advantages are of nationalization of petrobras, other than a self-aggrandizing and pseudo-narcissistic effort to elevate the nation's morale. on top of that, the idea pops up in the middle of oil's price surge which indicates that its main motive, most certainly, is greed rather than economic efficiency. considering the actual price of oil and the evident shift in the energy paradigm in the coming decades, i wonder, who would win from this maneuver? the people of brazil you say? don't think so. unfortunately, brazil was built upon the portuguese heritage and rapidly ascended into a extremely unbalanced society where nepotism is the underlying assumption in its power structure. in such environment, nationalization will turn out to be a mega operation of transferring power to the friends of the elected government, without any realistic backing whatsoever. so tell me. why would brazil would prefer to spend $200b in buying petrobras stake rather than investing that money in solving their people's problems, such poverty, drugs the social unrest or paving the way for economic development with infrastructures, education and health services?

#40     Jul 11, 2008