The Coming Oil Crisis

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by capmac, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Trump & Imus talked about the scumbags oil parasites and the middle east terrorists Nations that we are allowing to blackmail us on Monday May 1, 2006.

The American people have officially become a bunch of wimp pussies in my book. No more of that passion and independent spirit that marked the birth of our Nation, and years later resulted in my baby boomer generation bringing down a President, stopping am obscene war and achieving civil rights and other advancements in this country. Our country is now mostly comprised of mind-less followers and corrupt public figures and overly-greedy corporate leaders with nothing on their mind except how to make more money at the expense of millions of others! Bah baaaah baaahhhhhah fellow Americans. Keep bending over and allowing the oil maggots to stick it up your ass while ILLEGAL immigrants stand up and protest. Go figure!

Bush you are a disgrace to humanity allowing your cronie buddies in the oil industry to rip off those who trust you for leadership and this on the heels of lying about nuclear weapons in Iraq. You never really grew up did you DUB-W. Still a punk!

Of course, let's not tax THEM. No. Let's take more from the middle classes, maggot! :D :D Nero would be proud of you.

Neil Young is right. YOU need to be impeached, not Clinton.

Imus: "You know I'm watching Meet the Press and all that...a lot of discussions yesterday about the oil company profits and the price of gasoline, and several people have told me, including people we've had on the program, and it's almost a consensus yesterday by both people that there is no correlation between the profits the oil companies are making and the cost of a gallon of gas, is that right?"

Donald Trump: "No it's not right. The oil companies are making a fortune, more money than any company has ever made before and they are laughing all the way to the bank and you know they plead all of the ignorance and oh gee we are sort of a victim of circumstance, it's nonsense. The worst culprits are the ones that are selling the oil, they are laughing at us, they think we are the dumbest nation on earth and I guess to a certain extent in terms of representation we are."

Moments Later...

Imus: "What can we say to Saudi Arabia or some of these other countries?"

Donald Trump: "Hey look Saudi Arabia would not exist if it we were not for us , they would not even exist. You know the second largest oil field in the world is Iraq, what are we doing? We have Iraq, are we not going to take a couple of barrels of oil for ourselves? I mean isn't ridiculous, we go in there we're going to spend nine hundred billion dollars in Iraq, what's going on with the oil fields in Iraq?"

Imus: "Then we are going to leave."

Donald Trump: "Then we are going to leave and give them everything. I mean when you think of how stupid we are it's just unbelievable. I know ninety-nine percent of the politicians in Washington are listening to your show right now, but folks we are being treated like a bunch of dummies, and that's what we are if we allow this to go on. I mean you have to understand, I know a lot about private planes and I know about G5's and the whole deal, right? That's my whole deal. How about 747 privates? Brand new 747. These things hold 550 passengers and they are set up for three. You think we are stupid to allow this to happen? In the meantime people can't go to their local grocery store because they are afraid to get into their car."

#41     May 2, 2006
  2. capmac

capmac

Crude Oil Futures Top $74 a Barrel

May 02 9:06 AM US/Eastern

By GEORGE JAHN
    Associated Press Writer

VIENNA, Austria

Oil prices rose above $74 a barrel Tuesday _ flirting with their record high above $75 reached last month _ amid concern that international pressure on Iran to modify its nuclear program may lead to supply disruptions from the key exporter.

Bolivia's moves to secure greater state control of its energy reserves and production also supported prices, as did glitches at several U.S. and foreign refineries, despite the relatively small amount of gasoline shortfalls involved.

Moves toward nationalization by Bolivian President Evo Morales, along with similar plans in Venezuela and Ecuador "could influence further supply worries," said Vienna's PVM Oil Associates.

Still, Iran remained the main focus of concern.

"Traders are most concerned about the Iranian issue, as the situation appears to be getting worse," said Tetsu Emori, chief commodities strategist with Mitsui Bussan Futures in Tokyo. PVM also saw Iran as causing the main "stir in the market."

Light, sweet crude futures for June delivery on the New York Mercantile Exchange rose 33 cents to $74.03 a barrel in electronic trading by afternoon in Europe _ moving closer to the intraday peak of $75.35 reached briefly on April 21.

In comments likely to further pressure prices, Iran's deputy oil minister, M. H. Nejad Hosseinian, said Tuesday crude oil prices are likely to hit $100 a barrel this winter as demand outpaces supply. "By winter, it is very much possible," Hosseinian said, when asked by reporters in India if global crude prices would peak at around $100 barrel.

"Oil supply in the short term cannot be increased," he told reporters in New Delhi, according to Dow Jones Newswires.

The June contract had jumped $1.82 Monday to settle at $73.70 in response to refinery outages in Italy and California, violence in Nigeria, the fifth-largest source of U.S. oil imports, and Iran's defiance of a U.N. Security Council deadline on Friday to stop enriching uranium.

The United States, Britain and France plan to introduce a new Security Council resolution this week that would make Iran's compliance with their demands mandatory, and enforceable through sanctions or military action.

There has been no talk of economic sanctions that could slow Iran's oil exports. China is a big customer for Iranian oil, and a cutoff of its oil exports would likely send oil prices surging.

"At some stage, I think Iran will use its oil as a weapon to negotiate with the U.N. and the U.S., which would push up the market _ although they are unlikely to stop exports altogether because they need the money," Emori said.

June Brent crude futures on London's ICE Futures exchange rose 28 cents to $74.17 a barrel.

EU spokesman Ferran Tarradellas Espuny said that while European Union nations had little to no imports of natural gas from Bolivia, the move "may have a negative impact on markets, because the markets are now subject to considerable pressure as far as prices are concerned." The European Commission said it was concerned and would study the impact of the move on Bolivia's economy and to foreign investors there.

Adding to market jitters were refinery disruptions Monday _ some small fires at an ERG plant in eastern Sicily, which refines about 160,000 barrels of oil a day, and a power failure at a ConocoPhillips plant in California, which refines about 105,000 barrels a day. The ConocoPhillips plant restored power Monday, but it was unclear how many days the ERG plant would be shut down.

Gasoline futures rose more than a cent to $2.1585 a gallon and heating oil by just over a penny to $2.0690 a gallon. Natural gas prices rose by nearly 13 cents to $6.820 per 1,000 cubic feet.

Crude oil prices are about 40 percent higher than a year ago. But accounting for inflation, prices are still about 20 percent below the records reached in 1981, when supplies became tight after a revolution in Iran and a war between Iraq and Iran.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/02/D8HBLIPG0.html

#42     May 2, 2006
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

11:43 Iran lawmaker says $120/Bbl oil if U.S imposes sanctions- DJ

Dow Jones is reporting an Iranian lawmaker warned Wednesday that oil prices could soar to around $120 a barrel, if the U.S. imposes sanctions on Iran.

#43     May 3, 2006
  4. US replies: You try and tell us what to do and we're gonna rename your country.

#44     May 3, 2006
  5. Yeah, just like we did Iraq!

#45     May 3, 2006
  6. drastic times call for drastic measures...you ain't seen nothin yet...unfortunately

#46     May 3, 2006
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

13:07 Oil prices to remain high through 2007 due to strong demand, output capacity, Iran concerns, according to EIA - Reuters

13:18 Majority Leader Frist drops plan to offer $100 rebate for high gasoline prices - Bloomberg

13:23 Crude oil trading along bottom of the range, now 73.15 -1.46... intraday range 72.80-74.55

#47     May 3, 2006