The Coming Crash Will Be Monumental

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Youre going to get killed. The time to short has been missed already. Too much risk to short now

#41     Oct 3, 2008
  2. Yes. Your inflation of 5% is not generous. Also, anything the government estimates, you multiply by ten to get real numbers. Only 1/3 of those 300M people will produce any tax base to contribute to paying for any debt. I won't go into the other factors. I like idealism, but numbers require reality.

#42     Oct 3, 2008
  3. Yes. He is off by 3 orders of magnitude...

#43     Oct 3, 2008
  4. l2tradr

l2tradr

If you want to arbitrarily multiply by ten, that's 100K. And inflation isn't relevant here, as they'd BORROW the funds at a fixed rate. If I borrow 100 bucks from you at 5% and inflation is 50%, that's good for ME, not you. As far as only 1/3 of the 300MM will produce a tax base, fair enough, that's still only 300K.

#44     Oct 4, 2008
  5. capmac

capmac

VIX @ 50

#45     Oct 6, 2008
  6. Daal

Daal

My OP was referring to the fact that financials were rallying just because of the short sale ban and they were bound to crash. I had no idea it would get this bad, however lets not forget today is monday, we had lots of these black mondays followed by rebounds for the rest of the week

#46     Oct 6, 2008
  7. ah, there it is, the "crash thread".

#47     Oct 6, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

VIX is surging,

Im extremely bearish and have been since 2006 but I think we are going see some potential for a huge upside surprise in the market over the next week or so, but bulls dont get to excited, its going to be just another bear market rally.

:D

#48     Oct 6, 2008
  9. The crashing economy makes for great CNN for us Canadians eh :p

#49     Oct 6, 2008
  10. jazzsax

jazzsax

That's about all it has been great for, it's tearing down our stock market far worse.

Another 10% down day today!

#50     Oct 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.