The Coming Crash Will Be Monumental

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I imagine that it would be in the next administrations best interest to have a crash early on, or better still prior to jan 20.

Then it clearly belongs to this administration and if it was a decent bang then the only way out is up.... all good stuff for the new admin.

Have you ever noticed in life how things don't always unfold the way you thought they might.

regards
    f9

#11     Sep 19, 2008
  2. I second October!

Now that Bush has declared that each tax payer is now on the hook personally for $3,500 to buy these shit loans that stimulus check is even more laughable.

#12     Sep 19, 2008
  3. d08

d08

Exactly, maybe Obama will say something like "No thanks, I don't want this job", the republicans are certainly trying to beat this thing to the ground - the US that is.

#13     Sep 19, 2008
  4. It's one hell of alot more than $3,500. Try $3M. Do the math, add the interest over time, get the real number for each man, woman and child in the USA, except for undocumenteds, who aren't slaves to taxes.

#14     Sep 19, 2008
  5. Anyone taking any side bets if we close @ <= 100+ on the Dow?

I'll take it if given good odds.

;)

#15     Sep 19, 2008
  6. I think you're right. 600 billion divided by an average mortgage of 50k pays off 12 million homes!!! That's one hell of a boost for the economy.

#16     Sep 19, 2008

7. You bring up an interesting point GT.

The undocs carry no debt or liabilities.

regards
    f9

#17     Sep 19, 2008
  8. The next fed meeting, October 29, scary month and number..

#18     Sep 19, 2008
  9. I suppose once you compound interest that we'll have to pay the Fed on it since they pressed the "print" button for our dollars, then yea, it should be much higher.

But then again, by the time it the country gets around to paying that part of the debt we'll all be dead, so what the hell, right...? =(

#19     Sep 19, 2008
  10. BadCo

BadCo

The exchange has mastered the art of doing things that appear to be in the public interest, but are really just ways to make more money for the members. Market Makers have an exemption from the short selling rule. So, they can short all the covering taking place, then, kill demand by having these stocks go sideways for awhile.

So, if you're long, you won't make any money and you're not allowed to be short. When the prices of the fins eventually drop, only the exchange members make money covering.

#20     Sep 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.