The coming bear trap

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jun 7, 2007.

1. notouch

notouch

Looks like a standard pullback in a bull market to me. There was no big bounce off of the 25% level (so far) so it looks like one third or one half may do it. Lots of summertime chop before the up move resumes.

#21     Jun 7, 2007
  2. He's cool, he referred to a post of mine in another thread and I posted an apology about that there. No need to bash him, he's ok.

#22     Jun 7, 2007
  3. notouch

notouch

What happened in the other thread to upset so many people?

#23     Jun 7, 2007
  4. NYSE Odd lot short sale %

[​IMG]

#24     Jun 7, 2007
  5. Not just a small pullback guys. And to front run your standard comment stock trad3r, it IS a big deal.

What's a big deal?

-Bonds are getting the shit kicked out of them, in Feb selloff they got BID. Global risks are changing.

-Vix getting bid, nice and orderly too, not in the panic fashion we saw in Feb.

-The action in this market suggest liquidation of positions, not panic stop outs. We all knew they would ring it sooner or later.

-carry trade has yet to start to unwind, when this kicks in, you will see a little more pressure than what we've had thusfar.

#25     Jun 7, 2007
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

How will they get burned if they have a plan and a stop?

I'd agree with everything the poster above me stated except about the VIX, which I have found to be widely followed and loved but not all that accurate.

#26     Jun 7, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

Agree with above 2 posters. Holding EEM puts overnight. Only concern is would have liked to have seen a bit of strength in the yen today, maybe we will get it overnight (yen being the "tell" with regard to perceived risk imo).

#27     Jun 7, 2007
  8. Oooops... Back at NQ 1930. Nice swings, day traders must love this.

#28     Jun 8, 2007
  9. Mvic

Mvic

Critical resistance here at 1515, it gets broken probably headed back to 1531.

#29     Jun 8, 2007
  10. bears may have gotten a tad overconfident...

#30     Jun 8, 2007