The Coming Bear Trap

Discussion in 'Trading' started by calibertrader, Mar 19, 2007.

Bull or Bear?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2007.
  1. Bull

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Neutral

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Bear

31 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Fractal

Fractal

The 10% correction dart fell off the wall?

#121     May 3, 2007
  2. I love all idiots. Everyone thinks they know it all. The UNPROFESIONALS come here and gloat. IF you've been in the mkt long enogh(and I consider most of you have not) the mkt doesnt always move in one direction. I love how you like the idea of others losing money. THAT IS THE REAL LOSER. Its a game. Some come to my face after I lost 50k and tell me IM wrong. but then again I will have the last laugh........

#122     May 3, 2007
  3. Oh I forgot, why not try to give advice in leiu of bragging. "easy come easy go"

#123     May 3, 2007
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Most people who have been doing this for a while don't really care too much about other's accounts and profitability because they know that every trader has a different style. Comparisons tend to be as useless as comparing apples to oranges. Long time traders will likely have experienced severe losses at some point in their career and knowing what its like will generally have some empathy for traders taking a bad beat, not so with the Johnny come latelys who are intoxicated by their first winnings, they lack perspective. They also tend to react with less emotion when they do well as they know that it is just part of a long string of gains and losses.

I haven't traded in an environment with other traders for many years but I still remember the looks on the faces of guys in Oct of 87 who earlier that year had been boisterously patting themselves on the back for being the new masters of the universe:utter disbelief. I know how the movie ends so I don't begrudge the sophomoric their fun while it lasts (unfortunately they are the type that trade for the rush as much as for the money and they eventually overleverage, size up too soon in order to try to keep the rush alive, this of course hastens the demise of their short trading career, sadly most don't recover).

#124     May 3, 2007