The coming bear market could change day trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by monstercat, Jan 15, 2008.

1. jd7419

jd7419

If you are right I will leave the game. See the thing is since I started doing this in 2000 almost all the traders I knew are gone. Somehow the fact that I made it through 2003-4 after the vix went to 10 makes me think I can make it in almost any environment. Now if you tell me the vix is going to 5 then we are all in trouble, however looking at the vix monthly your prediction appears to be oh about 5 years to early. Volatility levels just started turing up in August. Daytraders have alot of time imho.

#11     Jan 15, 2008
  2. opm8

opm8

The US exchanges aren't the only ones out there.

#12     Jan 15, 2008
  3. Another thing that has also changed is the nature of the volatility. Stocks and futures used to make smoother moves, now everything is being driven by bots. Anyone who traded the ES today got chopped up good. It was very volatile but moved so quickly it was hard as hell to trade. And yes, I remember a couple of years ago when stocks like RIMM and AAPL moved 50 cents and that was a big move.

#13     Jan 15, 2008
  4. then ill try to retire and hopefully become a groundskeeper at steele canyon:D
    Its been alot of fun though to get off work at 1 pm.

I think in general though the same cats will make dough no matter what circumstances. Listen to guys Like Steve Tvardek---
    its about patience and discipline

#14     Jan 15, 2008
  5. lol NJ1000, u really dont have a clue man, not comparing our market now to japan back then is stupid, wake up!!!

.........dumbass:D

#15     Jan 15, 2008