The clear technical winner of the crypto race is....

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

...Monero (XMR)!!!! (so far)

Note: This thread is discussing the TECHNICAL aspects of cryptos, NOT price. Features and usability, not price.

Hey guys, remember 5-6 years ago when Bitcoin was touted as:

1. decentralized
    2. anonymus
    3. quick confirmation
    4. small fee for even small payments
    5. scalable
    6. deflationary
    7. crypto currency
    8. store of value

In 7 short years, out of these 8 features, 6 proved to be not true. I know, success has its downside. The only 2 things that are still true: BTC is still decentralized and a good store of value. The rest went out of the window, when too many people's self interest was against change and improvement. Adoption is also going negative, retailers refusing the accept it anymore due to high fees.

But let's forget about the old, and obsolete, and discuss the new and improved. Monero is everything what Bitcoin used to claim to be and MORE. It is actually fungible, meaning that a coin can not be traced what it was used for. (almost like a bank note without serial numbers)

Some other coins have also better features than BTC, but fail short compared to Monero, but let's list them:

ETH: Ethereum is actually different since it is a computing platform really and not a crypto currency, although it can be used as such.

LTC: Faster, cheaper and better than BTC. For general payment, this is the one should be used. Its tx limit is 56 tx/s, beating BTC's 8 (4 in real life) and BCH's 32.

BCH: The forked bastard child of Bitcoin, also faster and better with higher tx ability than Bitcoin. But lower than LTC, so one must wonder, why bother if you can't even make it as good as an existing crypto?

Feel free to chime in, there are so many cryptos we have to learn about new features. The bottom line is though:

XMR, ETH and LTC have all better features than either BTC or BCH. Now when will the market notice this is not part of this discussion.

The King is dead, long live the new King(s)!!!

2. just21

just21

You are coming around. Take a margin loan and buy some. You may get less than $10,000 into Bitstamp. Other wise it is getting difficult to get an account open. Bittrex are not taking new accounts. I am having problems logging onto Binance. Kraken is very slow. Coinbase, Bitfinex and GDAX will not verify an account. Maybe problems getting new money into exchanges will be what kills this rally.

SunTrader, VPhantom and Macca1 like this.
  3. covelite

covelite

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I thought I was clear what this thread is about.

The "Best Ponzis of 2017" discussion is that way >> :)

----------------------------------

I forgot to mention some:

Ripple, XRP: Although the technology is good enough for institutions to adopt, it is not decentralized. Also completely premined, so they ain't make it anymore...

Dash: it is a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization). The reason I mention it because although it seems to be good on the surface, but looking into it deeper, its makers are making not completely true claims. Dash Central anyone?

Iota: It is like ETH, not really a crypto, but a decentralized data marketplace. Also completely premined. This one doesn't have a blockchain. But it has iota tokens, what can be used as a crypto currency. There is also something tangling here, but that is where I got lost...

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

WTF is wrong with you people? This is a technical thread, not a crash prediction. I might have cut of some zeros in the quote, my bad...

6. If you had bought BTC back at $3000, you wouldn't be posting all this garbage. That would've been your base coin and sometime along the way you would've been adding to others.

SunTrader likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I actually enjoy your threads pekelo, you look at these coins on their merits (something I try to do but hard due to the amount of them). I held Monero since it was 15 and I think dumped it around 20. I also held a bunch of NEM and dumped at a loss. I saw the value of Monero and should've stuck to my convictions. NEM, not so much, it was just a shot in the dark..

8. just21

just21

Binance is fine. Problem with my browser.

9. Macca1

Macca1

XMR is my pick. It still has scaling issues. The MimbleWimble sidechain will be interesting( one of the core devs confirmed this on twitter)

Reddit thread discussing it:

If Bitcoin had used the MW protocol it would allow you to have the whole 170GBs of blockchain in 2MB.

Write up re MW- https://www.coindesk.com/mimblewimble-silly-sounding-tech-seriously-reform-bitcoin/

White papers:
    http://mimblewimble.cash/

The MW protocol is supposed to be launching sometime next year in a new coin called "Grin".

https://github.com/ignopeverell/grin/blob/master/doc/intro.md

10. just21

just21

I like Ripple the bankers coin. All the libertarians and anarchists are writing Ripple off without thinking. Ripple will replace Swift saving banks having to allocate capital to their wire transfer business and cut costs by 50%. One institution has just bought $700m of Ripple. It should be valued similar to Visa at $257 billion. Western Union are exploring Ripple to lower the costs of their business to stop it being obliterated by low transaction fee crypto.

Cornada is a Japanese 2nd generation Ethereum in a country where crypto has been legalized and is the third largest economy in the world. Should trade at the same market cap as Ethereum.

Iota. No transaction fee, no blockchain instead has a Tangle. Meant for machines on the internet of things to trade information with each other. No transaction fee means it will be great for humans too. Tech is still early alpha and there is no way to get it out of Binance. Also trades on Bitinex which is not open the US citizens.

Disclosure: Talking my book.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    #10     Dec 17, 2017