The circular firing squad starting early

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Oct 24, 2008.

1. SO P(a)bst, let me ask you a simple question :

How Big of a screw up does the GOP needs to fall to for you not to vote for them ??

If you tell me that you'll vote for them this time out of pure economic reasons (your taxes) aren't you a bit acting like them ? they protected their ability to raise money from their corporate donors /overlords.

Here is the deal
    -- had they voted for the bailout, they would screw voters but they assumed their voters would get angry for a few weeks and then come back to them. the same way a beaten up housewife goes back to her husband
    -- had they not voted, they'd have to give up the juicy donations coming from corporate america that allow them to run these stupid ads to dumb down even more their voters.

you're indicating they did RIGHT, since you're voting for them.

Why are we bitching about moral hazard for firms and not for political parties. isn't democracy the ultimate free market (of ideas) ?

#21     Oct 24, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Your charms are just so obvious, how can any of us blame the gal :)

#22     Oct 24, 2008
  3. That illustrates pretty well the contradictions of Republican voters.

btw, she worked for British Airways and was the biggest moaner ever. I should have married her.

#23     Oct 24, 2008
  4. I think you underestimate Obama's campaign. Their candidate played the whole thing softly - if McCain had come out strong against any kind of bailout I have no doubt whatsoever Obama would have joined him.

The winning bet on the bailout was always the minority position. Both Obama and McCain knew that - it was as preordained as politics allows that they both vote the same way.

#24     Oct 24, 2008
  5. But it WAS the pick, my friend. It would've taken about 20 minutes for someone to sit down with her - prior to the pick - and determine that she would give the type of answers she gave to Couric, et al. However, the McCain camp simply picked Palin because they thought that she fit a profile that would appeal to disaffected Clintonites. Dumb move. Dumb pick.

A set of cajones would've helped him immensely here. I can't believe that neither candidate seized the mantle of serving the people, if not for ideological advancement, then for political advantage. Talk about misreading public sentiment...

#25     Oct 24, 2008
  6. Think hard about this my republican friends...

If Obama wins, that means in the words of Past sanity a "half breed nig" beat a white man.

It means a senator with little experience beat a war hero during a "time of war" and it means blacks will now think they deserve to actually sit at the front of the bus...

It means that a man with a Muslim name would be elected president during a time of war with radical Islam...

What a crushing blow to the republicans, and it is entirely possible that Obama moves enough to the center to actually get things done and serves another 4 years after the first term.

All the while, the white population is shrinking...

#26     Oct 24, 2008
  7. Actually you're the moron. Pabst has an out. Pabst can sell his house, pack his bags and reappear hours later in Brisbane, BA, Bern or Hamilton like a shiny new nickel. Plug in a laptop and ready to go. The underclass who desperately buy into this elitist induced frenzy are the ones STUCK. Confined to dangerous neighborhoods, under performing schools, dropping out for non-existent jobs, trying to suck a life giving breath out a government in fiscal arrest. Guy's like Pabst don't NEED to see America survive because we can survive elsewhere-we WANT America to survive for those who're still on the ladder. The root of class warfare is the want of justice but the urge becomes revenge based on envy. As Paul Newman said in the Sting, "revenge is for chumps".........

#27     Oct 24, 2008
  8. Deranged people speak of themselves in the third person...

#28     Oct 24, 2008
  9. Jimmy's gonna get you, Kramer! Jimmy holds grudges!

#29     Oct 24, 2008
  10. wjk

wjk

Something not being touched on much is the campaign managers.

I watched Davis and Axelrod one morning, and it really hit me that no way McCain can win with Rick Davis. He seemed really high strung, talking very fast and talking over everyone. Axelrod was calm and cool. I may not agree with his politics, but Axelrod can write one hell of a speech. And Obama can deliver them.

#30     Oct 24, 2008