The choice is clear

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon22, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Specterx

Specterx

The Republican Party of the past 30 years has been one of the worst things that's happened to America. We're going to spend the next 30 paying for and undoing the mistakes made and the opportunities lost during this era. The common man has been paying for it for quite a while now. Anybody who thinks the GOP is a genuinely conservative party should look at the past eight years and wake the fuck up.

John McCain is an angry old man, rotten to the core with the obsolete ways and ideas of the past. Just watch his expression of barely-contained fury talking about Iran, a 'conflict' that reminds me of a blood feud between two inbred clans. For her part Palin is the logical result of the Republicans' attempts to dumb down public discourse and turn things like education and intelligence into political liabilities. I would have thought that George W. Bush was the big explosive end to this kind of nonsense, but the GOP's managed to best itself once again. I bet Joe the Plumber 'understands the common man' even better than Palin, why don't we just put him on the ticket? Thank God that the American people, by the barest of margins, are finally fed up with this crap.

Lord knows I don't like everything the Democrats or Barack Obama stand for but they are by far the least-bad choice. A youthful, agreeable, intelligent President with some sensible positions (and more importantly, the absence of any horrifyingly awful ones) is just what we need. Hopefully he won't screw it up, and maybe a few decades in the wilderness will prompt some healthy soul-searching among the Republicans.

#41     Oct 18, 2008
  2. Specterx

Specterx

There's that American spirit. Wholeheartedly support drafting American kids to defend a brutal, unpopular regime, thousands of miles away, whose own people can't even be bothered to fight for it. Send the army in to use live ammo on unarmed protesters. Sounds to me like you were fighting on the wrong side in Nam.

#42     Oct 18, 2008
  3. You mean like Gordon Liddy?

#43     Oct 18, 2008
  4. You know what... I agree 98% with you. Any thinking person whether conservative or not should agree with your post. McCain back in 2000 was a great choice. Mccain/Palin 2008 are not!

Anyone who can see what happened to this Country in the past 8 years and does NOT attribute a lot of responsibility to the presiednt and his cabinet etc. is really a dilluded individual with little conscience flexiblity or ability to accept reality! It must be tough going through one's ENTIRE life having one consevative belief system and dogma. Talk about boring, mediocre and stagnant!

Bush and his angry, right-wing cohorts fucked up the Country. A very large % of the problems today lie on the shoulders of Bush-league.

It happened on his watch.

There were options to lead with honor and dignity.

He did neither IMHO!

#44     Oct 18, 2008
  5. Actually I was thinking of Lindner.

It's tough to keep McCain's terrorist ties straight though.

#45     Oct 18, 2008
  6. They had ideals? They had shit! What they had was zero courage of their convictions. I suppose you think laying down in front of a truck you know is going to stop is an act of rebellious courage. You think throwing shit at a cop that isn't going to fire back takes guts? You think burning a flag with no worry that someone is going to kick the living shit out of you takes bravery?
    Just like you paper tradin' motherfuckers, the war protesters never put it on the line...all of it. Exceptions were those that did go and fight. I'll give them their due, but the overwhelming majority of protesters, then and now, never have and never will put their asses on the line for what they believe in. I'll respect anyone's right to have a different opinion, so long as they're willing to put their lives on the line to defend it. Most aren't, so most get nothing but my contempt.
    To the point, your boy Obama is just like them. I have more respect for Louis Farrakhan. At least I know where he stands. Obama will change like the weather as it suits him and his kind.
    Right or wrong, I put my shit on the line for what I believed at the time. What the fuck have you ever done to deserve you precious freedom?

#46     Oct 19, 2008
  7. You are angry my friend.
    You seem to confuse having strong principles and convictions with violence and beating the crap of people you disagree with.
    That's the way republicans have operated for the last 30 years, bullying, shouting, smearing and threatening their way to the white house.
    This era is over, you've fucked up too much.

Nam, lost
    Irak Lost
    Afghanistan, on the way to be lost.

You claim to be tough rough warriors, you're nothing but loudmouth ineffectual inept soldiers. LOSERS.

Bush, Cheney, Rumslefd, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Gordon Libby never went to war

The paper-soldiers fooled you and made a failure out of you. They "sacrificed" a support our troops sticker on the back of their fat ass SUV.

You didn't fight for "Freedom". You fought for Oil.

They always send poor chaps like you to spill the blood of others....and to come back to a divorce, a foreclosure, failing job prospects and PTSD induced nightmares.

Maybe you should look at the life of a fella named Jesus and learn about how he influenced people and changed the world without spilling blood and beating the shit out of people. That same man, a caricature of which, you claim to worship.

I do believe (sometimes) in violence as a way of solving problems. I believe in using it only in the most pressing and unfortunate of cases (dealing with threatening angry people like you) but it does have its usefulness. I'll concede

The Reagan Era over. GW Bush is your Carter. It's morning in America once again.

#47     Oct 19, 2008
  8. Amen. That 'only 4?' was one of the most ill-conceived comments I have ever read on ET. Exemplifies what's wrong with the right in America these days - lack of critical thinking, although it doesn't take much critical thinking to figure out that shooting into a crowd of students is not necessarily the best way to quell an anti-war protest, and that the kid who just happened to be passing by on her way to her Chem class didn't deserve a bullet in the brain.

Seems obvious to me, but hey - I didn't fight in 'Nam.

#48     Oct 19, 2008
  9. With too many macho rambo guys like you in this world we might have already had world war III. But I don't expect you to EVER understand what I am saying there! You're either too old or too intellectually inferior to ever accept that there are other honorable and patriotic ways to acheive a national goal besides blowing others' brains out... every time!

Heil Captain Hitler !

It shows more pricinple to not fight a corrupt and evil war then it does to bend over and allow the aristocracy to manipulate guys like you into killing innocents thousands of miles away in the name of patriotism! Sorry that is not honor!!! You got that? That is NOT honor!

Now I know that we need to take orders and that we elect people to make just decisions as to how to employ our warriors into battle. But when it is clearly wrong then America stands for the principle that we are allowed to protest. You got that? Or did you miss high school history and civics class while you were playing with your toy soldiers!!?? !

"Power to the People" is not just a slang term that macho-billies like you apparently hold in comtempt so you can go shoot your guns and act "brave".... in the name of what ???!

Ayers and SDS and Weathermen and the like were all patriotic heroes not very different than the misguided soldiers who had no choice but to lay their lives down in the name of a corrupt and meaningless war in Asia that did not threaten the USA! You should thank him, the other "hippies" and the soldiers who united against that corrupt war and corrupt government for ending a purposeless war so more innocent young men were not killed in vain!

#49     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Quelling a protest isn't the point. Protesting is fine. The louder the better. The point I'm making is those that protest need to think about what they're doing. Are they prepared to take a bullet to defend their position? If so, then I support their right to protest. If not...
    I'm not one of those who will say you and I may disagree, but I'll defend your freedom of speech with MY life. No, that's not how it works. You and I can disagree, but we BOTH need to be on the firing line to defend that right.

#50     Oct 19, 2008