The Chinese + Arab Trillion Dollar Hedge Fund

Discussion in 'Economics' started by aeliodon, May 21, 2007.

1. I was joking that it is different this time LOL!! Same old story IMO !

#11     May 21, 2007
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Sorry, yes I got that just not in a light mood today as I closed out trades where I realized $170K in losses. Only money though, could be a lot worse.

#12     May 21, 2007
  3. Bro, mind if I ask what trades?

Sorry for the losses, I hate taking it on the ass or the head like that, have done it a few times but I'm still far ahead of the game. :D

#13     May 22, 2007
  4. I remember what happened the last few times everybody thought the USA was gonna be fully owned by foreigners.

:D

#14     May 22, 2007
  5. They're totally different due to governments, companies themselves, economics, etc. Government is the main body that won't want to see the markets fall at all...cool to look at though. :D

#16     May 22, 2007
  6. And this differs from the current reality how?

Keep waving those flags...bask in the "glory and liberty"

#17     May 22, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

EEM Puts and Yen Fut Calls, both losers. Would have been about $200K worse if not for my YM and NQ hedges over the last month. Now trying it the other way. Long the EEM and QQQQ calls and shorting the YM as a hedge on a day trading basis, worked today.

#18     May 22, 2007
  8. It looks like the Yen won't be getting any stronger until at least later this year. Sorry to hear about such big losses, I've done it too...good luck and thanks for sharing. Cheers.

#19     May 22, 2007
  9. I agree. More money flowing into the market, extremely bullish on all levels! More $$$ for everyone.

#20     May 22, 2007