The Chickens Come Home To Roost - Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish

"Renaissance's Stock Hedge Fund Falls 8.7% in August (Update1)

By Katherine Burton

Aug. 10 (Bloomberg) -- James Simons's $29 billion Renaissance Institutional Equities Fund has fallen 8.7 percent so far in August as his computer models used to buy and sell stocks were overwhelmed by securities' price swings.

The two-year-old quantitative, or ``quant,'' hedge fund now has declined 7.4 percent for the year. Simons said other hedge funds have been forced to sell positions, short-circuiting statistical models based on the relationships among securities. "

I never even mentioned which fund it was so go put your tongue back up Simons' backside, I assume that's where it was considering the amount of crap you speak

:D

#11     Aug 22, 2007
  2. Dogfish

Dogfish

Besides this Medallion fund you refer to is only his money and that of his employees, so seeing as they have such a squeaky clean record when it comes to ethics, ahem, do you not suppose he put any winning positions across to his own fund whilst leaving outside investors' funds with the bad positions - surely not!

#12     Aug 22, 2007
  3. Yea, that's the REIF. I was asking about Renaissance's Medaillon, the legendary black box fund people are now ridiculing for no reason at all.

Again, it's so sad people can't hold different funds apart. Not only here on the board, but it goes through all the Bloomberg, Reuters and WSJ articles.

#13     Aug 22, 2007
  4. I've no doubt they'll be back the sneaky b*stards.

I was talking to a guy the other day,an ex-big hitter in the bonds who can't wait for them to come back,especially the one in the Bunds that offers 3000 lots to buy in front of it.Apparently when the market gets pushed just a bit too far he's the guy buying up to 5000 lots that they don't want to do and watching them scramble,been making an absolute fortune so I'm told.

#14     Aug 23, 2007
  5. Thats cool good on him. It does go to show that while computers maybe quick and always there sometimes you just cant beat a bit of low cunning something black boxes will never get

#15     Aug 23, 2007