The Checkpoints Are Here: DHS Runs 9,000 Last Year

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Dec 22, 2011.

1. achilles28

achilles28

The Transportation Security Administration isn't just in airports anymore. TSA teams are increasingly conducting searches and screenings at train stations, subways, ferry terminals and other mass transit locations around the country...

The TSA's 25 "viper" teams — for Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response — have run more than 9,300 unannounced checkpoints and other search operations in the last year. Department of Homeland Security officials have asked Congress for funding to add 12 more teams next year.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-terror-checkpoints-20111220,0,3213641.story

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

In no time at all we'll resemble 1930's Germany.

And the ignorant sheeple chanted: "yes we can...yes we can..."

3. achilles28

achilles28

Ya, I think you're right.

We're pretty far down the rathole, now.

The NDAA empowers the military to lock up Americans forever, without a warrant, lawyer or trial. And nobody cares.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's hardly being mentioned. Unfucking believable. This surpasses the Patriot Act and by far and away, in a bad way. And nothing. This IS the end of our freedoms, the end of the USA. And yet the sheeple are still rooting for Odumbo as if nothing has happened. We ARE doomed.

5. Mvector

Mvector

No Ron Paul no chance in hell to fix this takeover

6. achilles28

achilles28

Yup...

7. One day the young people of this country will stop textiing for a moment, look up and say "huh" *Poof* the country they thought they knew will be gone. Oh well...

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you"
    But my words, like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed
    In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made...

- Simon & Garfunkel 1964