The charting software dilema

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sharp2be, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Hi Fat Tails,

you could compile your own indicatory and strategies with TradeProject. It does NOT support encryption, but that shouldn't be a big problem since it compiles real C/C++ code, not managed C++ order .NET source. So it is not that easy to decompile - and understand. You can share the compiled version of your indicator without disclosing the code...

Daniel

#41     Jan 8, 2010

2. I don't know about multicharts ... but CQG certainly has coding ... compiling ... that I don't know. Encryption ... don't remember.

I do know someone pretty savvy however who might know the answers ... they code in NinjaTrader and have their own formulas and systems.

They used CQG for about a year while backtesting and creating a few trade systems.

#42     Jan 8, 2010

3. Maybe you could ask them. I have my trading systems coded in NinjaTrader as well, as this was the easiest solution.

#43     Jan 8, 2010
  4. I just sent them off an email to see if they have a website ... so you can dialog with them.

My Dad was a genius trader who had tested and went through about every platform, technique and indicator available out there and trained my brother in law for years to pour over all that stuff. He really has millions of dollars of value in knowledge as a resource but not the knack for trading. (Yet)

I'll forward you info to hook up with him if you wish.

#44     Jan 8, 2010
  5. yshterk

yshterk

CQG definitely allows you to do that. You can either create your own indicators using CQG language and then distribute it to others without disclosing the code behind it or you can program your indicators in C++/C# and then embed them into CQG so they look like built-in studies. First option is faster to implement and does not require development skills, second one gives you more functionality and better speed.

If you have following CQG can help you setup billing for these indicators so only "allowed" people use your indicators.

PM me directly if you want more data, I'll be glad to put you in contact with people who know how to do that.

#45     Jan 9, 2010
  6. Yes. The practitioners I know are very skilled at using these two resourses. However, the better ones have not been mentioned in this thread.

Do you ever go to Vegas?

#46     Jan 9, 2010
  7. So I conclude that TradeStation, eSignal, Multicharts, NinjaTrader and CQG do allow for code protection and vendor licensing.

Now which ones are "the better ones"?

Rarely travelling to Las Vegas, it is not exactly at walking distance from here. Last visit dates back to prior millenium.

#47     Jan 9, 2010
  8. BigSalad

BigSalad

Look into Investor RT from Linnsoft (www.linnsoft.com), I see it's not mentioned. It's been in development for about 12 years, and it's good for charting. Backtesting and trade automation I've never gone into, and since I own MC I never will. But IRT is pretty good for me.

#48     Jan 9, 2010
  9. Thanks for this information. My indicators are coded in C#, so embedding into CQG should be feasible.

#49     Jan 9, 2010
  10. There are many residents in Vegas who are extremely competent and have terrific support crews. One of them uses one of the items on your list that fits into the better category. See osoktrading dot com.

The vendor world isn't very supportive in the way you need simply because they are not that knowledgeable.

#50     Jan 9, 2010