The chArt of Deception

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MrCharts, Aug 4, 2009.

1. :D :D :D

#31     Aug 17, 2009
  2. ymtrader

ymtrader

I see no one is willing to step up to the plate, so I will!

I like two pictures (I hope that is ok):

"high low sequence" and
    "Hammer/Hanging man".

I am just a newb; been poking around the forums off and on trying to observe and take in and filter information. I like your style, MrCharts, and am intrigued to push myself to learn more.

I must head off for a bit but will log on later to explain why these two.

ym

#32     Aug 18, 2009
  3. How many you like is entirely up to you YM, some people like them all!

Why not post the image and your explanation why you like them?

I am glad that you like how I write, but what I do is far more important.

#33     Aug 18, 2009
  4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Because I am American, I started reading the chart (pic) on the left, then naturally (as a man) looked at the chart (pic) on the right. While the Rchart seemed exciting and appealing, the Lchart displayed a more natural, truthful persona. It made me realize that there were subtleties I needed to explore. By the time I thought I had found the zen like meaning I was searching for in the Lchart, I realized I had missed the boat because the herd was following the animated breasts. So, IMHO, I should be looking at the picture(s) the market movers are looking at.

I have no idea what the artist was thinking, except maybe to tell the admirer, "Look at the big picture".

#34     Aug 18, 2009
  5. I'm sorry but this whole thread is not making any sense to me. Your talking about pictures and paintings and about gays and boobs and everything inbetween. Just what are you trying to get at????

I don't know why you are complicating the point you are trying to make. Trading is simply buyers and sellers coming together to negotiate a price, nothing more, nothing less.

My money says you are a very poor trader and are probably some sort of educator or someone with a very respectable degree (outside of the trading world). A hint of advice, stop looking at pictures of the mona lisa and instead focus on the buyers and sellers.

A chart is simply just a pattern of what the buyers and sellers have been doing. By looking at the patterns on the chart you can try to predict who is in control the buyers or the sellers (supply or demand).

#35     Aug 18, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Sir,

A much respected colleague of mine once posted

“It doesn’t matter what you think – but how”

Of the very few things I have displayed in my office – this is one of them

Food for thought Sir

RN

#36     Aug 18, 2009
  7. The only thing I really know is that I know nothing, really.

You are right, but you are also wrong.

A chart is nothing more than a picture, and what the viewer will see will in the picture will depend on many things, but it does not change what is actually in the picture.

#37     Aug 19, 2009
  8. ymtrader

ymtrader

Well, I'll give it a shot.

The 1st picture I identified with, "high low sequence", because of the deception in ones mind that can come about by not fully understanding what the candle, in this case (but could be art or any other interpretive subject), is telling us. In trading, it comes down to which time period one is viewing. The candle shows you what you want or choose to see. But what is the inside information of said candle? That is the truth, if there is truth in trading. Viewing multiple time frames, i would think, would assist the trader in deciphering what is really happening. The problem is, one would have to go all the way down to a tick based chart to see everything that is happening, not very realistic. So the trader chooses a time frame, or multiple time frames in which to "view" and glean his/her understanding from.

I will comment later on my other picture...this darn thing called work is getting in my way of my trading education! :)

#38     Aug 19, 2009
  9. YM, I think you are letting on to not know much about trading, as it is clear that you know a bit more than most.

Is it not a fact, that no matter what time frame you chose to look at, that the price is going to do whatever it is going to do, and all you can do, is base your current decision on what it is actually doing now?

Just because the multiple time frames might show you a price level where the price has traded at in the past, surely, does in no way imply that we can now deduce with a high degree of accuracy, what the price will actually do next?

Sure if this is the case, then it should be very easy for any trader to make lots of money?

Is it possible, that all the trader has to do, is Sell at Previous Resistance, or buy at Previous Support, or, if the price breaks out, buy above Previous Resistance or sell below Previous Support?

What is wrong with everyone, for that is the easiest thing in the world to do!

#39     Aug 19, 2009
  10. Are you the same MrCharts on another site?

#40     Aug 19, 2009