The cease-fire

Discussion in 'Politics' started by uncleTom, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Against a boogy man? The fact is, Israel struck first.
    Self-defense against an IMMINENT attack is absolutely legitimate by any imaginable standard (including the UN and international law)

From at least just after ww2, Israels neighbors have publicly stated they didn't support the squatters.
    Hey, not only they "didn't support the squatters", they actually tried to evict them and had their asses handed to them.

Israel has continually ignored the inhabitants objections to having "outsiders" move in and homesteading the real estate.
    and therefore they can stick their objections all the way up their muslim asses.

They've had years and years of opportunity to wash the blood from their hands, yet Israel chooses to keep the stain.
    You said earlier in this thread that there are no innocent people in the region, the blood is in the hands of those who start wars, not on those who pull the trigger.

#21     Aug 15, 2006

2. Six-Day War
    (Arab-Israeli conflict)

IDF soldiers at Jerusalem's Western Wall shortly after its capture.
    Date: June 5, 1967 – June 10, 1967
    Result: Israeli victory
    Casus belli: Egyptian naval blockade and military buildup in the Sinai Peninsula as well as Syrian support for Fedayeen incursions into Israel.
    Territory changes: Israel captured the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria.

The Six-Day War (Hebrew: îìçîú ùùú äéîéí transliteration: Milkhemet Sheshet HaYamim,), also known as the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, Six Days' War, or June War, was fought between Israel and the Arab states of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Syria. When Egypt sent UN officials away from the Egyptian-Israeli border and increased its military activity near the border, and blocked access of the Strait of Tiran to Israeli ships, Israel launched a pre-emptive attack on Egypt's airforce fearing an imminent attack by Egypt. Jordan in turn attacked the Israeli cities of Jerusalem and Netanya. At the war's end, Israel had gained control of the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day.

Again as you see hear the war was caused by Egypt and Syria.

#22     Aug 15, 2006
  3. Until all countries in the middle east ( iran, Syria, Lebanon ect..) agree that Israel does have a right to exist, all talk is pointless and terror groups will exist.

#23     Aug 15, 2006
  4. Holmes

Holmes

Actually Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran declared war by stating that they want to wipe Israel of the map. Neither did they retract these statements after worldwide condemnation of those expressions.

So what these countries have happening to them is selfinflicted.

I do not know of any law that after someone has declared war on you that you are not allowed to defend yourself. Israel has shown considerable constraint towards the "civilian"population (who are very supportive of the intention of wiping Israel of the map) by dropping leaflets and warning them to leave.

This is the same as a cop in New York. If he orders a criminal to put down his gun and the person won't do this then I think the chances are high he will shoot. Or do you really think he will wait to shoot until he has been shot at first?

Holmes

#24     Aug 15, 2006
  5. I think the dispute is not "if" but "where" they exist.
    Nobody likes squatters in their back yard.

#25     Aug 15, 2006

6. Well thats the point.....if you do not want them to exist where they are, then why go through all these phony baloney peace talks and cease fires? its a waste of time and maybe they should just fight it out once and for all because for 30 years i have watched as they sign peace accords and give up land ect....and nothing changes.

#26     Aug 15, 2006
  7. I agree with you on this. The whole thing smells.
    I really don't think a whole race of people (or their governments)can be so stupid as to not want to resolve the issue once and for all.

The best explanation I can come up with is "all is not what it seems".

Somebody is definetly lieing.
    In good conscious, you cannot believe anything you hear on this issue, and only half of what you see.

#27     Aug 15, 2006
  8. I don't remember reading this anywhere... were the two Israeli soldiers who were kidnapped released as a part of this cease fire accord?

Thank you if you can provide an url.

#28     Aug 15, 2006
  9. Hell no the soldiers were never returned.

I was having a great Zionist Tuesday until all I saw all this pullout BS on MSNBC.

We should see some airstrikes tomorrow for good measure.

#29     Aug 15, 2006
  10. Isn't it a shame??? Thousands of people killed and maimed, billions of dollars worth of damaged done, but the primary objective of the freeing those soldiers was not achieved. I wish Israel made that a pre condition to the cease fire.

#30     Aug 15, 2006