The categorical imperative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jun 22, 2009.

Is the categorical imperative bogus?

1. No, the categorical imperative is correct and Kant is God

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Yes, the categorical imperative is idiotic

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Dude, I just trade and look at girls in Daily Hottie

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  4. I am not sure. I need to go deeper into philosophy of morals.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%

1. If I have to choose my life or my friend life with not a way to lie and save myself or my friend, I will save my life first. That is selfish? No.

#31     Jun 23, 2009

2. Ok, but Bob can protect himself now because no surprise from Billy because Bob is aware that Billy looks to kill him because I told a lie and buy time to go to Bob and tell him. Maybe Bob will have a plan to wait for Billy to come to find him, then shoot him with a dart of medicine to make him unconscious. Then call the police. :D

#32     Jun 23, 2009
  3. 3121

let me ask you this if you knew Bob was on the other end of your winning trade would you clean him out? :D

even if he'd never find out it was YOU?

or, would you take the loss?

#33     Jun 23, 2009
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

I always told my friends that while hiking in the back country if we should ever encounter a bear to watch out, because before that bears gets me I would tackle one of them to the ground so the bear would go for them first.... :D that's selfish or smart?

#34     Jun 23, 2009

5. Did I know Bob is the other side before or after I make the bet?

#35     Jun 23, 2009

6. That is not smart to tell your friend that, now they will not go with you to hike, you go alone, and the bear eat you. :D

#36     Jun 23, 2009
  7. Nitro, I went off the thread, sorry. I think a person should lie. I do not know Kant until you explained what he thinks, but I think he is wrong

#37     Jun 23, 2009
  8. 3121

after

you tell me.. would you make the bet 'before' too?

#38     Jun 23, 2009

9. If I have a bet and Bob has a bet, we both know the chance to lose. We play that game because we take that chance to win or lose. If after I make my bet, then (after) I see I am 100% winner, Bob is the loser, I will take the money and not a loss. Why should I let Bob win when he play the game too?

If I know before that Bob make a bet that is loser, and I can win his money, if Bob is my friend, then I would tell Bob it is a loser. I did not lose anything from that. If it is someone stranger, I would make the bet.

#39     Jun 23, 2009
  10. Banjo

Banjo

None of you guys are going to survive in the coming world. I would whack Billy on the spot , take his wallet and watch, call up Bob, tell him I just whacked Billy to save his life and that he owes me $10 k for the favor and has 30 days to pay.

#40     Jun 23, 2009