The cat fights with a neanderthal...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin took a minute Wednesday to counter an earlier claim by Rick Santorum that she might be skipping the annual Conservative Political Action Conference this week because she had more lucrative options on the table.

While she prefaced her comments with the disclaimer that earlier reports about the former Pennsylvania senator's statement may have been slightly overblown, as Santorum himself contended, that didn't stop Palin from getting in a jab. The former vice-presidential candidate said she wouldn't call Santorum "the knuckle-dragging neanderthal that perhaps others would want to call him, I'll let his wife call him that."

Palin also appeared to take issue with Santorum's suggestion that her parenting duties might have kept her from attending the conservative conference.

"Just because I'm a mom, that does not mean that I didn't want to be there," Palin said in an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity. "I'm the proud mother of five. My kids don't hold me back from attending a conference."

On Wednesday, Santorum called the story about his comments "garbage" that was making "something out of nothing." According to Politico, he made similar attempts to resolve to situation in an interview with Fox News's Greta Van Susteren later that evening.

"She has family obligations. It is halfway around the country. There's nothing more to it than that," Santorum said. "I know she has obligations to do other things outside of the work she does at Fox. I said I assume she has other things to do."

2. Your obsession with Sarah Palin is very unhealthy.

3. Crispy

Crispy

Why is Palin even relevent? Not a chance in hell she gets the nod.

4. Think about the 10% of votes that the dems get from blacks, just because they are dems.

Are those 10% votes relevant?

Why wouldn't Palin's 10% votes be relevant, and a major bargaining chip?

If she is discounted, you don't think she would go rogue just to put it in the faces of the old guard GOP?

5. Crispy

Crispy

I agree about the "vote just because" crowd factor.

What I am saying is I do not think she gets the nomination at all. If the GOP knows whats good for them (questionable, I know) they will call in black shinook helicopter to carry her away into the night until the day after.

6. Oh, I don't think she gets the nomination...but she is a potential third party candidate with 10% or more of the vote. A real spoiler...

7. Democrats always believe that if there is a 3rd party, they would've got all of those votes had the 3rd party not been there.

What we need in this country is election reform. We need to be able to seperately vote for vice presidents. Imagine if Palin had won vice president in 2008. That would've put some balance into this country.