The case for a Q4 blow-off rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueHorseshoe, Sep 11, 2005.

1. The crude market, no, never have, never will

I traded the S&Ps one time, made lots of money, didn't like it, was too stressful.

I'll stick with stocks...when you can make sometimes 40% in 4 weeks...who need sthe stress.

#11     Sep 11, 2005
  2. More than totally agree!

I'm Maintaining structural long us equities, but am very cautiously looking at fed's next move and earnings surprises q4 05. I think that fed raises, earnings come out crappy and are blamed on katrina, and this rally fails to materialize higher, putting us back into this range we have been in.

OTOH, we'll likely see a great place to short with a quick stop out if we blow back into higher ranges.

I'll take either scenario - they both will work well for me!

#12     Sep 11, 2005
  3. It's off-topic, but may I ask you, why do you think that crude/S&P are too stressful compared with stocks? (I assume, based on your 40% in 4wk, that you hold stocks overnight)

It seems that the "Greenspan put" has changed the way market participants perceive risk!

#13     Sep 11, 2005
  4. I'm a position investion. Could hold a stock for a few days or few months, depending upon how it's acting. I use specific predetermined trigger points to sell, or I sell if I do not like how it's acting.

Greenspan has done nothing but put the brakes on this market: 1/4 pointing us to death for two years.

#14     Sep 11, 2005