The case against college

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by kinggyppo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. lol

#21     Mar 15, 2010
  2. 1) people who write checks don't need college degrees
    2) people who get checks written to them, need it
    3) choose who you want to be and go at it.

4) if you ain't writing checks or recieving checks, you can always be an eskimo fisher.

#22     Mar 15, 2010
  3. Lethn

Lethn

This is why I have him on ignore lmao.

And it's not just college I think is bad fool, the whole western education system in its entirety is completely fucked up and no one is willing to admit it.

#23     Mar 15, 2010
  4. Lethn has me on ignore, because someone chuckles at an anti-Lethn response? Does he even read something before "lmao"???

The more of Lethn I see, the Leth I want to see. :D

#24     Mar 15, 2010
  5. aegis

aegis

Yah, I prefer the "Eastern" education system like that in China where only 12% of adults have completed secondary school.

#25     Mar 15, 2010
  6. Unless one goes to college to get useful and specific training, college is mostly "expensive post-high school"... an worth nowhere near what it costs.

#26     Mar 15, 2010
  7. Lethn

Lethn

Hey at least they get useful life skills out of it that they can turn into a career.

I think that's the best summary of the western education system I've heard.

#27     Mar 15, 2010
  8. Then he has a shitty CS degree. I got one from a small private school and compared to the state school CS degrees the curriculum is VASTLY different. Most of my classes were algo development, discrete math, theory, etc. while some friends that went to state school had "intro to web development" as part of their CS degree.

Point being the school does matter.

#28     Mar 15, 2010
  9. spinn

spinn

This doctor will make enough money selling drugs to children and old people to pay off what will eventually become $2 million. She should just take the addictive drugs she hands out like candy to "escape".

#29     Mar 15, 2010
  10. What about engineers? You gonna sack them too? A good chunk of the world would come to a screeching halt.

Your statement is just crazy. I mean, just because you wanted to sand bag it in high school doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't know what they're doing. Assuming that's your though-process. (which is quite fucked up I might add)

#30     Mar 15, 2010