The case against college.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Dec 14, 2009.

1. College is just a way to prove you can finish something you start that is moderately difficult. If I were looking to hire and there were two applicants. One had a degree and the other didn't, I would assume the one with the degree would be a more valuable employee.

However, I also think that is all that colleges produce...employees. If you are self-motivated and have a hard work ethic, college is a waste of time and money. If you aren't self-motivated, do yourself a favor and go to college. Your life will turn out better.

#131     Feb 2, 2010
  2. wolfab82

wolfab82

The laughter ensues when one thinks about what constitutes a college degree. Half of your credits are CORE classes which are a repetition of High School.

I repeat, HALF OF YOUR CREDITS ARE A REPETITION OF HIGH SCHOOL.

Your major credits are 25% of what you pay for. College is a filtering system for the established nobility to excuse their corruption and nepotism.

Time will prove me right. Look at the people who live in this world nowadays, asinine is actually relative to how colleges have been around for centuries, about as long as the most basic and common problems.

Your jobs are being deported on a daily basis, wait until the Banks figure out that an Indian or Carribean kid is way cheaper than an American Trader, will work longer hours, and would be happy with a 15k salary and a 1% bonus.

Lets see your college camaraderie when your children's children are paying 45K a year to learn how to puke out fight songs and cheer for rapist athletes while having NO REAL JOB PROSPECTS.

In the future, speculation (finance/Real estate/Lending), technology, health care and entrepreneurism will be the only remedies.

Even the most scholastic of fields, LAW is being hit HARD by outsourcing and an overpopulation of greedy stupid f*cks. The Nobility of the Ivy league schools (camps for easily indoctrinated, self important douchebags) are the only hope for an aspiring Lawyer.
    However, if you doubt what I say, realize that most law school grads are quickly becoming RENT-A-Lawyers. This is the Google Age, biotches, soon, we will no longer need archaic systems to decipher information and human hierarchies such as justice systems etc. Everything will advance. Back to Law, these whiny biotches we call lawyers are so mad that they and the accountants have made it harder for Small Time Tax Preparers to make money by raising guidelines, exam standards and further complicating the system.

Raising the barrier to entry. That is what college is really about. It SEEMS anyone can join, not everyone will get graded fairly or have enough money to continue. Money becomes the barrier to entry, only fools (such as myself) with no understanding of debt, interest and cost of living once attaining adulthood will go ahead with such a corrupt and criminal institution.

Their lies cannot last forever. Wait until commercial real estate finishes crippling everything for a minute, then, the vix will rise, home values will continue to fall and students will continue to lose hope. This will hurt the school's bottom line and how many more loan discharges have to happen before people get the point?

The only profession worth getting into debt for now is Health Care Professional, and maybe Computer Systems Administrator type majors. However, even then, a person can become certified for C++, Perl, Java or ORACLE for far less then the cost of a full college tuition bill.

http://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy ----This HARVARD dude is the FUTURE...

It cost about 10,000 to learn the intricacies of Higher Finance in two semesters where this guy is teaching this sh*t to kids for free using TECHNOLOGY and a sincere desire to help humanity. Colleges don't have this desire, only greed and stupidity in their ranks.

Don't be salty because the future is here, and that future is free flow of information, Google, and FREE LEARNING.

#132     Feb 2, 2010
  3. Thank you in your two posts, of doing a good job in presenting "thought processes of someone WITHOUT an education." No wonder they make half the money and have twice the unemployment rate of college grads. Few will seriously consider the HS grad for a professional position that requires the ability to think or understand reality.

Half the courses are a repeat? Maybe 20%. And at a considerably higher level.

Anyone who has tried to pursue a professional job, or even many blue collar jobs, quickly realizes they won't even get an interview without an education.

And yes the current economy is bad. But judging the future by the present. During the Great Depression, EVERYONE was losing jobs. Afterwards, things changed.

At a restaurant, who will be the manager and who will be the waiter?

At an auto dealer, who will run the shop and who will be the clerk?

Etc...

#133     Feb 2, 2010
  4. I haven't seen Khan, thanks for posting.

#134     Feb 2, 2010
  5. wolfab82

wolfab82

Dear Simpleton,

I dont have an education? Actually I have two degrees, have studied at the prestigious Mott Hall Academy, and have the most rigorous Jesuit education attainable in NYC outside of Regis.

If you must know, I was also a accepted into Deerfield, TWICE and unlike you, I know the fallacy of the American Education system. It is a farce.

BTW lookup this guy....www.buccaneerscholar.com

This genius along with many others prove that school is for illiterates who cannot teach themselves how to read a textbook and learn any new skills without a proctor. See, Bill Gates, your local Car Dealership owner and countless other college and school dropouts that go on to achieve success in life.

My SAT score was 1240/1600 when I was drunk and hungover, and my LSAT at Kaplan was 145. Not elite scores, but decent.

These numbers mean nothing and your comment shows lack of thought processing.

The last time I checked 60/120 is 50%. If you read and then took the time to research what I was saying, you would see I am correct. See, 60 credits is what CORE CLASSES are made of . What are Core Classes? High School level classes you take in college such as American History 101, English 101, Sociology 101 etc.

Again, Half of 120 credits needed to graduate is 60, a half is also shown as 50%.

Maryland-college park along with NYU and a very small group of others are the only ones that only require 40-45 credits in Core classes.
    http://www.ugst.umd.edu/core/core_req.html ...for proof---either way its more than double your little 20% theory.

The laughable part of your latest comment is that you used the examples of two professions which DO NOT require College degrees to advance in.

Whether or not the markets or jobs stablize is not the point. The point is that college degrees will become useless in that the jobs left for American students will not be the type that justify having a degree. You are comparing apples and oranges, the great depression did not have Green Cars, Ipods and the Internet therefore the possibility and probability of an expanding and growing economy was always present and accurate. Nowadays, with Globalism, our economy can not grow in the same leaps and bounds that it did in the 1940's without creating bubbles.

How many managerial positions will require a degree in a country which is overflowing with college students?

The market will and can double but this will not affect employment into jobs that pay MODERN COST OF LIVING WAGES. 30,000k does not buy what it used to grandpa, this is called INFLATION. This coupled with the tax and spend congress means stagflation is around the corner.

Furthermore, the biggest economic fallacy is that of trickle down economics. Just because a small business or corporate conglomerate has made a profit it does not mean the benefits will spread over the populace. This thinking is a lie. Nothing trickles down only pink slips and Golden Parachutes. So there goes the other half of your recovery hopes and dreams.

Only when things get bad enough that decent college kids start competing for TEMP jobs and Managerial positions at Car Dealerships and McDonalds will people realize the lies they are fed.

You obviously do not have a degree in Finance, I do. You obviously are not a trader but must be one of two things, A troll for the Board of Ed, Sallie Mae or just a buffoon who has never studied Economics, Finance, Money & Banking.

Furthermore, (its one of my favorite words) how the hell can someone say "you cant judge the future by the present" on a FINANCIAL, TRADING FORUM!!!!

That and your simple simon assumption on my background and education show your intellectual level. You probably have a degree in some bullshit which then caused you to give trading a try.

In the words of The Jesus in The Big Lebowski, "Laughable Meng!"

#135     Feb 2, 2010
  6. Dear Amebic Dysentary

"Actually I have two degrees, have studied at the prestigious Mott Hall Academy, and have the most rigorous Jesuit education attainable in NYC outside of Regis. If you must know, I was also a accepted into Deerfield, TWICE"

Mott = "Applesauce", Regis = "Regis and Kathy Lee" and Deerfield = "Golf and Tennis Club"

You have a major inferiority complex trying to prove you are so illustrious and therefore a force to be reckoned with, then pissing on the value of college degrees.

I think the only 2 degrees you have are housed in a thermometer. It is apparent you spent your time slacking off, or howling at girls/boys through your frat window :D

#136     Feb 2, 2010
  7. wolfab82

wolfab82

Neither my friend...neener neener pooh pooh, by the way, great response to a logical rebuttal.

MORON.

welcome to my ignore list and feel free to spew more ignorance...mouth breather.

#137     Feb 2, 2010
  8. wolfab82

wolfab82

BTW, at 8.4 posts a day you sound like a real winner. You must be a real busy guy, and as far as an inferiority complex, maybe a superiority complex next to bitter old men like you. Enjoy the future you and your shitty generation have created for your Amebic Dysentary grandchildren, you fucking poser.

:)

#138     Feb 2, 2010
  9. you couldn't stand not sneaking a peak to see if there is something else to drop more of your "impressive educational pedigrees on - Mott's applesauce, Regis Philbin and Deerfield Doggie Wipes"

What next, are you going to boast about your nursery school GPA?

:D

#139     Feb 3, 2010