The 'Cap And Tax' Dead End (Palin WaPo Op-Ed)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Jul 14, 2009.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/13/AR2009071302852.html

"There is no shortage of threats to our economy. America's unemployment rate recently hit its highest mark in more than 25 years and is expected to continue climbing. Worries are widespread that even when the economy finally rebounds, the recovery won't bring jobs. Our nation's debt is unsustainable, and the federal government's reach into the private sector is unprecedented."

2. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...tacks-obama-wapo-op-ed-how-will-media-respond

Palin Attacks Obama in WaPo Op-ed, How Will Media Respond?

"If Palin Derangement Syndrome-afflicted media members thought the Alaska Governor's surprising pre-Fourth of July announcement meant she was getting out of politics, her op-ed in Tuesday's Washington Post should change their minds.

In a scathing rebuke of the Obama administration, Sarah Palin took off the gloves to attack the recently House-passed American Clean Energy and Security Act, disaffectionately known as cap-and-tax.

Marvelously, Palin also took a couple of jabs at her not so adoring press:"

"Unfortunately, many in the national media would rather focus on the personality-driven political gossip of the day than on the gravity of these challenges. So, at risk of disappointing the chattering class, let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and where my focus will be:

I am deeply concerned about President Obama's cap-and-trade energy plan, and I believe it is an enormous threat to our economy. It would undermine our recovery over the short term and would inflict permanent damage. "

3. She attacked Obama's energy plan? That's racist.

4. Mitt Romney needs to get off his butt and start showing us some of those leadership skills he talks so much about.

Say what you want about Palin, but she is not afraid to take the ball to the rim.

5. Newt Gingrich with a personality and non of the aloofness.

6. Eight

Eight

I remember when the whole Democrat thing was "hate Newt"... I knew a couple of devout Dems, they stopped me in the mall to remind me to "hate Newt"... I really wish that Contract for America would have gone ahead, and that Bush was a conservative..

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

7. Palin should make a movie ...

Inconvenient Suicidal Economic Truth

Should land her a Nobel and Oscar.

I agree with George Will, if the Democrats wish to destroy the economy in the name of saving the planet, they ought to be woman enough to admit it

8. Idiots, idiots and more idiots.

9. Bush never had control of the congress. Senate was 53-47. We know you can't get anything done in the Senate unless you get 60 votes.

The whole Bush and the Republicans deal were in charge is not actually true.

10. Palin is irrelevant now, except for the part of the GOP base that will always be marginal in national elections, and her resigning as governor has only made her more marginal in any national election.

Only an idiot would keep supporting Palin if he/she understands politics and wants to increase the odds of GOP success going forward, and the GOP hard core base seems to be stocked jam full of idiots.

#10     Jul 14, 2009