The BYND fee rate

Discussion in 'Options' started by raf_bcn, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Jeez//meatless burger bubble. People laughed at Krispy Kreme when it popped and then fizzled but then the market jumps back on board the next thing. Not surprised the short interest is so high on this overpriced non-earning stock but who knows when the mania will fade and it could keep running up for sometime before dying.

#21     Jun 11, 2019
  2. qwerty11

qwerty11

Don't look at the + an -. If you're short you pay and the lender benefits equally.

Normally a lending rate doesn't go higher than 100% but that's no rule (we saw what happened with TLRY).......

If you have a bona fide broker they pass through the rate they get in the market (this is a professional market (AQS?) where retail cannot participate).....

#22     Jun 11, 2019
  3. qwerty11

qwerty11

All calls up to 70% ATM (except for jan21) will be exercised same day so if you sold a call you are short the shares a few hours later......

#23     Jun 11, 2019
  4. ETJ

ETJ

[​IMG] TRADER UPDATE

06/11/2019, 13:03
    NYSE OPTIONS: *UPDATE* BID/ASK DIFFERENTIALS EFFECTIVE MARCH 18, 2019 - JUNE 21, 2019
    NYSE American Options and NYSE Arca Options have revised the quote spread relief for Beyond Meat Inc. (BYND) to $10.00 wide.

For the full list of issues which have been granted quote spread relief, please see the updated Trader Notices for NYSE American Options and NYSE Arca Options.

Trading Support: 212-896-2830 tradingex@nyse.com
    Relationship managers: 855-898-9012 rmteam@nyse.com

#24     Jun 11, 2019
  5. raf_bcn

raf_bcn

I have received an IB notification that if I don't close my BYND short stock positions they will probably close it at the opening of the next trading.
    that notification was sent via bulletin only 1 hour and a half before the close , today , so they didn't give me so much time to close almost 80 positions involving options and stock.

By closing the positions I am paying more interest component that the one I received when I opened. The interest component is increasing the puts value , in this case.
    So it will be a losing trade due to the interest.

#25     Jun 11, 2019
  6. FSU

FSU

The last thing you want is them to close for you. Who knows how the would do it, just buy all your stock at the market, then hit bids and offers to close your option positions out.

If you haven't already closed today, I would suggest you simply buy the June out of money conversion, say the 150. Buy the 150 puts, buy the stock and sell the calls. Do it as a spread. This will get rid of your short stock, and not change your delta, gamma, etc. You will synthetically be paying the short rate, but it will give you time to unwind your positions.

#26     Jun 11, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. raf_bcn

raf_bcn

Hi

Thanks @FSU . I could close almost all my positions yesterday.
    I see that my broker have about 35,000 shares available to sell short, right now.
    And tonight some short calls have been assigned again, so I have some short position. And today the fee rate is 381 % .
    I am definitely going to close all the short calls today. I don't want to be assigned again and have to pay that interest.

Lesson learned, don't mess with hard to borrow stocks. At least until the interest begins to fall.

#27     Jun 12, 2019
  8. FSU

FSU

No, you still need to trade here! Lots of opportunity because of the hard to borrow. Just different risks.

#28     Jun 12, 2019
  9. I was aware of this thread, but I traded whatever I wanted to anyway, but today tastyworks told me BYND has 287% interest rate on short shares.

+ 16,000.00
    * 287.00% | *2.87
    ---------------
    + 45,920.00
    / 365.00
    ---------------
    + 125.81

$125.81 does take up a chunk of profit.

So, I figure I shouldn't sell calls on stocks that haven't traded for longer than nine months or so.

Screen Shot 07-11-19 at 08.51 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 07-11-19 at 08.59 PM.PNG

#29     Jul 11, 2019