the bush tax cuts. how well did they actually work?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Why would u be against war? u don't want to live with the nutters either and they don't want to live with you, seems perfect choice.

Whats the point of living together and arguing?

#21     Sep 27, 2010
  2. civilized people can find a way to coexist inspite of their differences without resorting to war.

#22     Sep 27, 2010
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

He is not against war. He supports all of Obama's wars. Including the war in Afghanistan, the war on poverty, the war on obesity, the war agsinst Fox news, etc. Make no mistake about it, the left loves war.

#23     Sep 27, 2010
  4. no i dont.

#24     Sep 27, 2010
  5. only a moron would be for poverty and obesity. are you for poverty?
    fox news. i am only against their use of deception against gullible people.

#25     Sep 27, 2010
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nobody is for that shit, but that does not entitle the government to declare war on these issues as if to justify using all the powers of the government to destroy our very life, our liberty and our freedom in the name of winning a war that can't be won regardless of what the war is on. Only a left wing nut would cheer this on. Yeah, war on poverty, yeeh haw! Let me guess Mr. President, you want my assets to fight this war don't you? Yeah I get it.

#26     Sep 27, 2010
  7. so the government should just ignore poverty? let old people die in the streets?

#27     Sep 27, 2010
  8. bevo96

bevo96

Seems like the best way to make people start thinking about their choices in life, if you have someone bail you out your behavior wont change. Eventually everyone will just do fuckall and there will be no one left to take care of all you lazy worthless liberal fucks.

#28     Sep 27, 2010
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

OMG, stop being so melodramatic. No, I have no problem with tax payer money going to shelters or food banks. They cost us nothing. I'm talking about all the things we subsidize in the name of lifting the poor out of poverty. You know Vhehn, since the New Deal, poverty rates have gone up every single decade since even though we keep throwing more money at it. And what does our President tell the poor to do with any stimulus money they get? He tells them to spend it. That is the exact opposite advice you want to give the poor.

Let's see here. The rich are rich because they save and invest. The poor spend and go into debt. Heaven forbid we give them yet another stimulus check, the last thing I would tell them to do is go to Best Buy. He only perpetuates poverty by doing this. Honestly every time I see this President on TV explaining why need to give money to the poor and middle class because they are more likely to waste it and spend it, I shiver. I mean I can't believe this guy is saying what he is saying. If you really want to help the poor Vhehn, you should teach them how to save.

You know after Katrina we had a very interesting experiment. Bush decided it would be a wonderful idea to hand out pre-paid debit cards to all the victims. What they didn't know was we set them up so we could track where they were spending the money. And where did those "poor" people spend the money. On their rent, their medical, food? Nope, they spent it at the bar, strip clubs, cigarettes, alcohol and junk. There is a bigger problem Vhehn we have to address. Maybe the problem is we need to give them more money right? I mean that is the problem right? More money?

#29     Sep 27, 2010
  10. Such whining, over a teeny difference in policy proposals.
    This is the reality of the world under Bush:

Those tax cuts did precisely nothing for the country.

#30     Sep 27, 2010