The Bush Housing Bailout

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Aug 30, 2007.

1. I agree. To me personally this is the most bearish of signals. Apparently there is a timebomb and they're hiring a monkey to disarm it.
    It's like sending a few sandbags to NewOrleans to stem the floods. It only delays the flood and the burst will be even greater.

Having Bernanke in on this plan means there is unprecedented, real trouble.

Ursa..

#41     Aug 31, 2007
  2. Today, capitalism failed. There is no such thing as free markets. Communism reigned in America today. Hello bloated tax bill for the responsible.

#42     Aug 31, 2007
  3. ron2368

ron2368

I thought that bush was behind the big reform for tighter bankruptcy laws along with low rates so everyone could borrow.

Now he wants a government bailout. I guess that makes perfect sense.

#43     Aug 31, 2007
  4. Alright then, that means you are also opposed to tax deductions for mortgage interest. That's a subsidy.

#44     Aug 31, 2007
  5. I wrote that last night before I woke and saw big profits in LEND. But I still have to say a bailout doesn't seem right. Now we've got 2 parties in a competitive race to spend more to get votes.

What was that saying? - "A democracy lasts only up to the point where people figure out that they can vote money out of the public treasury. Then it's over." It's a vicious cycle with momentum behind it, and we have no plan in this country for ending it.

#45     Aug 31, 2007
  6. No, sherlock. a mortgage deduction is open to all participants and NOT a bailout for dirty speculators, learn the difference.

#46     Aug 31, 2007
  7. You're splitting hairs. If you truly believe in free markets then you must oppose all government subsidies, whether it's for tobacco farmers, oil drillers or homeowners. I take it from your response you enjoy your mortgage tax deduction, which means you are not a true free market advocate. No problem. Enjoy your government subsidy.

#47     Aug 31, 2007
  8. nope, a bailout is a quick fix for one of the 7 deadly sins.

#48     Aug 31, 2007

9. dirty speculators? :D :eek: :p

surf

#49     Aug 31, 2007
  10. "Is this it? Is this what it's all about, Manny? Eating, Drinking, Fucking, Sucking, [Come on, man] Snorting? Then what? Tell me, then what? You're fifty. You gotta bag for a belly. You got tits, you need a bra; they got hair on 'em. You got a liver, it's got spots on it, and your eatin' dis fucking shit; and you're looking like these rich fucking mummies in here"

#50     Aug 31, 2007