The Bus Stop Moms Indicator

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 1nibbler, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Maybe the Moms could give a lecture about their economic theories at the next Elite Trader Convention. Are they cute?

#11     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

I can top that one. Sunday October 12th I was at a bar, and two non-market guys were discussing the crash week with me. Someone said "So what do you think it'll do Monday?" and they both immediately said "down". The ES then rallied 16% by Tuesday's open.

#12     Oct 22, 2008
  3. lol. This works well until you get the two "market guys" together.

The first one says "I'm long GM how about you?"

"yea, me too just bought in, to da moon"

They then notice the stock dropping.

The one who just bought said "I wonder who is selling?"

The other replies "Me"

"Why are you selling?"

"We both can't be right"

#13     Oct 22, 2008
  4. Okay, logically, if everything was fine, then wham, down...sub prime mortage, part of the lexicon. Then it was dropped in favor of american idol type dialogues. During that time, the market held its own. So, I would say that after they all know more about CDS than they ever imagined, and american Idol is again the topic du jour, I'll be a buyer again.

#14     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Nothing against Mom's, as mine is one of the best.

However, most of "America's" mom's are self medicated. A little Oxycotton, a little prozac, a little this and that to help with their day to day activities.

Soccer Moms pumped full of pills run their kids to and fro, while their husband try's to maintain the level of 10:1 debt that haunts them.

Trying to keep up with Sally, Susan has her 50k minivan, while her husband drive's his BMW. Combinded car note of over 1k easy with a motgage tripple that.

Desperate House Wives yearn to make their guilt melt away, their guilt of wondering if they really married the right guy? Local upscale malls help to easy the pain, as they jolt down a cup of Starbucks and talk as if they know what is going on.

Reality TV becomes their escape to adventure land. Their bills pile up and pile up and pile up. They feel their entire lives drowning in a pool of wishes. Life style of Bevery Hills and Lavish living brings them to the naked truth, as does their husbands gut as it cast a shadow on the floor, that they are FUBARED.

They rush back in forth like little girls on acid. Trying to maintain their grip on their fantasy world. Tune into Cheer Obama as he promises to save them.

The vultures circle the dying subburbs. The empty homes lay like Roman ruins. The yards fill full of jungle cats and birds. The jobs disapear one by one and the house wife lay's awake at night, waiting for the Grim Reaper, wishing that she too, can pass on through to the other side.

Middle Class America is dead. The doctor stands over and regulates the pain killer, only to allow each vital organ in the body of the middle class to shut down, one after the other. Soon, it will be over and the Hospice procedure by the Gov, Obama, and the FED will end.

The very few, smart and debt free Middle Class will rise from the ashes, much like the legond Pheonx. Plenty of opportunities await the Brave and Smart.

#15     Oct 22, 2008
  6. You derscribe them well, perhaps you have overheard a chat or two. I think EMR, that you missed the disparaging, tongue in cheek intent of my observations. I assure you, I have very little respect for the intellectual prowess of the unwashed masses. This is why i choose to spend 99% of my time solely in the company of my children. There's no need for me to wallow in the quagmire of mediocrity that is Pennsyltucky. I find most human pursuits, even the pursuit of wealth (beyond what I define as necessary in my austere way) to be totally useless and an utter waste of my time. As I said earlier, the only thing that will be here after I'm gone are the children I've raised and the trees I have planted... Someone on here posted a quote I really liked.."Happiness is planting a tree, knowing you won't be there to enjoy the shade"

#16     Oct 22, 2008

7. spoken like a true trust fund kid....

:D :D

#17     Oct 22, 2008
  8. TGregg

TGregg

LOL, post that to Jokes, please.

#18     Oct 22, 2008

9. Nicely stated..... sad but oh soooo true.

DUDE!!! nice to see you back. How are things??

surf

EMRGLOBAL-- an economist, trader and world's top DJ---

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9CPzVoz3VDg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9CPzVoz3VDg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#19     Oct 22, 2008
  10. Most assuredly not, I grew up in a rural area in what I suppose would classify as a slightly upper middle class household. Dad drove chevy's and volunteered at the fire company. He was an entrepeneur in the printing industry, but I sincerely doubt he ever made more than 70 or 80,000 a year (I'm talking 1970's and 80's here). Unfortunately, he's not around to ask. Mom taught elementary school. Canned green beans and tomatoes from the garden each year. The only asset Dad left was the family homestead, which sold for 200K (highway fucking robbery) to my cousins, who promptly turned around and sold it for 350. Nice huh? The 200K went to my mother, where it was promptly devoured by the charlatans in our health care industry. So, you understand why I laughed so hard that my cola sprayed out my nose (which is truly quite painful due to the carbonation) when I read your post. Trust fund. Not quite.

#20     Oct 22, 2008