The Bund Bobl Schatz Thread

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by youngtrader, Feb 8, 2008.

1. I am not talking about spreading or bid/offer scalping.....those types of trading have gone away.....probably for good. Im talking about scalping the market for a few ticks here and there, not really playing for a big piece of the pie and instead playing for little bits.

That is what the majority of my trading consists of. I'm just scalping the market for 3 ticks here and there all day with the occasional big trade (hold overnight and exit the next morning or play for many ticks).

Arbing is no longer feasible with today's markets. There isn't anymore free money out there. You just have to pick a direction and hope to hell your right!!!

#41     Feb 19, 2008
  2. Looking to get short schatz at 104.785, as it tends to cover the entire 2-3am range after 3am, against a long call. I took profits on the offsetting put yesterday

#42     Feb 20, 2008
  3. Any thoughts on where I should cover? I was thinking a half tick above today's low or 104.705.

#43     Feb 20, 2008
  4. Covered at 104.755, looking to re-sell at 104.775. It appears that price has bounce off the 104.750 in the past from both directions. I just got filled at .775. I also think you are more likely to get filled a half ticks, any thoughts?

Young trader I hope this is how you want us to use the thread. Let me know other wise

#44     Feb 20, 2008

5. Yeah this is exactly how I want people to use this thread. I overslept this morning so I am just now starting up the platform now lol!!!

I will also try to post some of my longer day trades on this journal (to hard for me to post all of my scalps).

Good Trading Everyone!!!

#45     Feb 20, 2008
  6. I am not talking about spreading or bid/offer scalping.....those types of trading have gone away.....probably for good. Im talking about scalping the market for a few ticks here and there, not really playing for a big piece of the pie and instead playing for little bits.

That is what the majority of my trading consists of. I'm just scalping the market for 3 ticks here and there all day with the occasional big trade (hold overnight and exit the next morning or play for many ticks).

Arbing is no longer feasible with today's markets. There isn't anymore free money out there. You just have to pick a direction and hope to hell your right!!!

Exactly Youngtrader-thats what I do.Hold positions- I have a risk/reward ratio of 1:3 therefore if i get a trade right 2 times out of 5 i am quids in.

You applying this theory too?

#46     Feb 20, 2008
  7. Eurex/Liffe: BIG Bang for your buck-daytrading..oh yea and LIFFE GILT...read...WOW!...read this:

The BOBL easily has more POP against the Schatz and Bund...BUT...the LIFFE Long Gilt has more pop per point than the BOBL...here are the rankings of per tick 'pop' per you buck $$$:

1-LIFFE Long GILT
    2-BOBL
    3-BUND
    4-SCHATZ

you all agree...come on Europe...lets hear from you and also, all around the world!!!!...thanks...

#47     Feb 20, 2008

8. Yeah I hold some stuff overnight in the schatz. Most of my trading is scalping 3 ticks here and there through out my trading day.

I am trying to start playing for bigger ticks though (trying to make 3 ticks when commision is $4 rt is kinda tough lol). I think a happy medium is in order.

#48     Feb 20, 2008
  9. Just sold my long put, with enough profit to cover the cost of the offsetting long call. Looking to buy a put during a retrace of the 2-3am high, likely the same strike 104.6

#49     Feb 21, 2008
  10. +30 ticks in bund for wednesday. Its been a very good week so far ! My method is basically trying to catch trends during the day using "support and resistance" and a couple "ema's", Trying to stay in the trades as long as possible for maximum ticks. Right now I am only trading bund [as far as eurex goes].
    My "normal" markets are ER, ZB, ZG. and I trade them with the same methodology. I started to look at the Eurex markets because I am currently living in Ukraine [I am from Las Vegas] so its easy hours to trade bund during my daytime......and then trade my normal markets in afternoon and evening.

#50     Feb 21, 2008