The Bullshit That Spewed From Guliani and Romney's Mouths

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 5, 2008.

1. That's a fair point.

I tend to agree more with Dems on social issues (except abortion, which is very complicated as I don't agree with the GOP, either, and affirmative action - I tip my hat to Obama for not even mentioning he was black on his Harvard Law application when it would have certainly made his acceptance a slam dunk), and I definitely agree more with the true GOP (not this new bastard step-child that Bush has created with no support of critical industries whatsoever - something that is idiotic) notions of less taxation and smaller government.

But the GOP has betrayed those priciples. They've grown government larger than any administration since FDR - that is a fact.

Not only that, but the Republicans have betrayed the notion that government should fear the people; they are endorsing Orwellian techniques to spy and collect intelligence on broad and arbitrary swathes of the American Public, by what parameters we don't even know (it's classified).

Face it, the modern Republican Party is a true sell out, sacrificing the rights of the individual on the altar of corporations and the industrial-military complex.

Watch Eisenhower's farewell speech to the nation (it's available on youtube) and tell me that the GOP hasn't betrayed everything he warned against.

#21     Sep 5, 2008
  2. Do you ever hear the current brand of republicans praising and invoking the name of Ike?

#22     Sep 5, 2008
  3. The guy is indeed a slimy son-of-a-bitch who was the first Prosecutor to turn the RICO statute into a growth industry . . . and to further one's political career. Just ask Mike Milken and a trading clerk named Lisa Jones.

The guy is a douche-bag.

#23     Sep 5, 2008
  4. Conservative capitalism is just about as abusive, repulsive and revolting as you can imagine - funnelled so that a few can protect and keep their positions at the top. Complexity, corruption and confusion are the primary defences of the conservatives.

Responsible capitalism with balanced, fair and free markets - where you can confide in an open transparent system with a strong integrity and robustness - that is something to strive for, spreading and supporting growth. Neutral balance, openness, adaptivity and strong integrity are the defences of a well-functioning capitalism.

There are many "ways" to deal with financial systems - but there are some of them which are just plain wrong and should be shed, and as we have all learned they certainly can not to be trusted.

No doubt - Giuliani is such a conservative capitalist.

#24     Sep 6, 2008
  5. jem

jem

zzz - if you have been truthful about where you live - I could probably hit you house with my driver on a good day.

I guess as a true conservative I am color blind. Nevertheless my point must have been accurate - because you did not address it.

#25     Sep 8, 2008
  6. Urban myth. Just because something is repeated a zillion times on left wing blogs doesn't make it true.

#26     Sep 8, 2008
  7. On the matter of admissions, Harvard places a fair amount of emphasis on experience apart from academic credentials as well. You are diminishing Obama's notable community work that preceded his admission to Harvard.

And how about his graduating magna cum laude from Harvard? Was that also a color co-ordinated thing?

#27     Sep 8, 2008
  8. Can you read?

I only said there is no evidence nor any statement from the Obama campaign verifying that Obama did indeed not mention his race. The Obama campaign has ignored those requests.

I've also heard-equally unverified-that Harvard Law doesn't ask for an applicants "race".

#28     Sep 8, 2008
  9. There is no evidence nor any statement from the Obama campaign verifying that Obama has indeed not mention if he is really a Martian...

Shame on him!

#29     Sep 8, 2008
  10. You may know Obama has a website devoted to debunking what he claims to be false rumors about him. On the other hand the Obama camp is not keen on commenting upon positive rumors that might not be true. What a "Change" huh?

#30     Sep 8, 2008