The bull run is over--- WSJ headlines

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I'm buying small amounts, everyday at all time new highs

but then again, I have been long since 2006

and that cash I am sitting on is a guaranteed loser

am taking 100% capital gains and dividends from my bond funds in cash

what I don't use to pay Uncle Sam is all going back into the stock market

I'm already up 100% since 2009, so I can make a lot of mistakes

sitting on the side waiting for a good short is a strategy, but it is a strategy for a small trader with a very accurate quick hand

back when I was an ES scalper, I waited all day while it went up 20 points, just to get my 1.25 on the short side (and you had to be very quick and very right)

#41     Apr 10, 2013
  2. if bull run is over, why gold is going down?

#42     Apr 11, 2013
  3. I sold all my GLD, that left me with a pile of cash, I went all in 50% in bonds at an all time high, and everyday I buy stocks at all time highs. In 90 days, I should be 50% bonds 50% stocks

#43     Apr 11, 2013
  4. my mother needs some in home health care that isn't covered by medicare, so I just have the cap gains and dividends on the bonds paid in cash to cover that. I'm done buying bonds, probably for the rest of my life.

But I just let those cap gains and dividends reininvest in those stocks, and am buying more everyday. I make enough trading to cover my own monthly bills.

there's going to be hell to pay when if rates ever get back to normal

#44     Apr 11, 2013
  5. pfranz

pfranz

Not sure I understood, oldtime:did you say that you have been long stocks since 2006? So you suffered big losses with 2008 crisis, correct? Maybe you were suffering then what I suffer now...

#45     Apr 11, 2013
  6. yes, I was 50% long stocks and 50% long bonds. I lived off the bond income. I was totally chilled out, traveling all over, never checked the market, never knew it crashed. Those bonds have been very good, about 6% a year, I rode them up and I guess I'll ride them down.

Never paid much attention to the stocks, they were all in the Vanguard S&P 500 index fund.

I sold a lot of bonds in 2011 because I am an idiot. at anyrate, I wanted to start trading again. So I am a little more active today, but I am getting back to a 50/50 bonds/stocks mix, and using the trading account for income

#46     Apr 11, 2013
  7. The bull run is over: Mkt keeps going up.

The headline shorts should be waiting for is:

The bull run is forever.

#47     Apr 11, 2013
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Yep, I think it is forever as long as BUBBLE ben bernanke keeps printing, the day they finally shut the printing press down the market will fall...and why people are rushing into stocks after a 125% run in a 4 year old bull market doesnt make sense, there is always a bottom and there is always a top. How anyone can wake up in the morning and say stocks are cheap and its time to buy isnt reading this market correctly.

#48     Apr 11, 2013
  9. pfranz

pfranz

Question is: how long can US,UK and Japan go on printing? It's not immediately clear that they can't go on forever.
    FED balance can grow indefinetely,bonds will never go down because FED will keep on buying,markets will be continuously driven by these policies...
    Sure I don't like it,if something goes wrong the world explodes,but we must admit that Japan has been doing that since 1989.
    I have never seen "easing policies" boosting anything,be it incentives for young enterpreneurs,QE or what else.These are simply drugs to me.If there are the conditions for growth, economy goes forward,if there are not,state help does nothing.State can reduce activity,not spur it.
    Buffet says US don't need QE anymore, and there is still good value in stocks.I really can't understand his point of view.

#49     Apr 11, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Until they run out of paper?

#50     Apr 11, 2013