The BS sim journal...Add your own BS!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Overnight, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

As an aside, my most favorite trade in all of that latest update is, believe it or not, #86, the NG trade.

It was a pure PA/FA read I felt 100% confident about. Report came out, market spiked a moment, and then all the NG traders said, "Nahh, we got enough gas and the weather is still warm."

That one felt good.

#61     Oct 11, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

I cannot break the chain of placing my trades in sim mode. And we get decent day after decent day. My mind is in total lock-down mode. @BlueWaterSailor Remember that win rate we spoke of last night?

Here it is again! GAH!!!! 70-ish percent is where it always seems to wind up, as you can see again today! WTF!

sim summary10162019.JPG sim detail 10162019.JPG

I need to break the chain of my love for sim. Just switch the account to live in the account drop-down box! GAHHH! (And @vanzandt I can hear you in my head telling me that at like the beginning of the year. *sighs*)

Gotta' break this chain!

#62     Oct 16, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I need a benefactor at this point. This is getting ridiculous.

sim summary12042019.JPG

#63     Dec 4, 2019
  4. The only benefactor you need is someone who'll sneak up on you and switch your setup from sim to live when you're not looking. Then you'll make a few million with zero stress and be happy forever after. :)

#64     Dec 8, 2019
  5. SteveH

SteveH

Overnight,

Your trading style can be dangerous. You're willing to risk more per trade than you can gain. It can put a lot of emotional stress on you having to maintain 75%+ avg win rates day-in and day-out to keep the money rolling in. I'm certainly not saying it can't be done. But if you're having problems emotionally switching to live from sim with these stats, there's probably a greater likelihood that your avg winning pct will drop under the additional stress of real money in play.

In winning trading systems, the avg win rate is INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL to the avg win / avg loss. For example, given 100's of trades, an avg 1:1 reward to risk ratio will have your avg win pct gravitate towards the 65-72% area. You have to also consider that the market can become skewed for some time and if you're on the right side of that bias more times than not then your annual results will fluctuate, perhaps look better than they otherwise would.

JMHO, but it's easier to trade a 40-60% system with a 1.5 to 2.5 sliding window of avg win / avg loss (in [human] discretionary trading). The higher your avg winning pct, the higher emotional stress is likely to surface. It's easier on the nerves to know your recovery factor with the larger avg winners is good.

Don't you need to setup NinjaTrader to account for your roundtrip transaction fees (commissions)?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    #65     Dec 8, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

It is a fantasy BS sim journal. I thought by now other folks would post how they are doing in sim, but nobody has done so yet. So the point of the thread has failed. As for the win-rate ratio? I cannot care less what the ratio is. I just happen to notice that I keep hitting that 70-80% range, all the bloody time.

It is my fantasy to have a benefactor who would allow me to have a million bux with 6-7 accounts, so I can do what I do, without breaking CME rules like spoofing and block-trade skullduggery.

Average RT transaction fees on NT with CQG and the instruments comes out to $4 per RT. So double what you see in trades and multiply it by 4 for commish. 2400 trades times 4 is like what, 9.5 grand? Round it to 10K commish, and yer sitting at 72K net, before taxes.

(Edit, I looked through the trade detail, and there are only 2 extra trades. So trade number is 152.

@BlueWaterSailor I definitely needed you during the holidays to smack me in the back of the head, because...

There's that number again...

final trade summary sim fantasy holiday 2019.JPG

On that run, the trade detail shows only 2 extra trades, so it is 152 trades. *$4 it is only $608. Not bad.

#66     Dec 31, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

simholidaydetail1.JPG simholidaydetail2.JPG simholidaydetail3.JPG simholidaydetail4.JPG

Silly nonsense!

#67     Dec 31, 2019
  8. schizo

schizo

Starting the new year on a note of silliness...

upload_2019-12-31_15-11-42.png

#68     Dec 31, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

More silly nonsense! I've already broken my New Year's resolution to stop with sim. I'm doomed(?)

simdetail01032020.JPG

I need the ghost of X-Mas past (@BlueWaterSailor ) to be there, smacking me in the head to switch the fucking drawdown menu and pick real money account.

#69     Jan 3, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

My brain needs an enema! I was in a hole, and dug myself out of it. That is why I keep on keeping on in sim. To assure that if I find myself in a hole, I can dig my way out of it.

simdetail01062020.JPG simsummary01062020.JPG

The percentage number is now at the disturbing stage. I cannot escape it. Over and over and over again this 70-80 ratio keeps occurring. WTF! The win-loss money figures are annoying as hell, but it keeps working. @destriero I need to hook up with you in voice chat so I can hear you tell me I am an asshole, in the stern and steady voice I am sure you would do it with.

Even if we call it 5 bux per RT with commish and taxes, it's still 780 bux free and clear on 40 contracts.

FRAK!

#70     Jan 6, 2020