The brave and heroic muslim freedom fighters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Last word...

#41     Jul 31, 2006
  2. I accept your surrender.

#42     Jul 31, 2006
  3. Yawn...good night...

#43     Jul 31, 2006
  4. Last word...

#44     Jul 31, 2006
  5. Hahahaha....ZZZzzzzzzz gets OWNED again!!!! :D :D :D

#45     Jul 31, 2006
  6. No further surrendering necessary.

#46     Jul 31, 2006
  7. Last word...

#47     Jul 31, 2006
  8. Last word...

#48     Jul 31, 2006
  9. I agree that as a European, it is easier to have that kind of opinion-last time I checked there were no signs of crashing Katiouchas in my garden. (let's not exaggerate about the might of the Hezbollah militia though-not exactly a bloodthirsty army lol).
    They are putting up a good fight, better than anyone could expect, they are getting stronger, not weaker.

But at the same time Europeans simply cannot support Israel's attitude and its tactics (because let's face it, it is hard to believe these bombings are all "accidents", especially the UN building).
    That remains to be seen, the investigation is ongoing, you acknowleged in your previous post that Hezbollah is using human shields, it's more than reasonable to suspect that the best human shield they could possibly have are children and UN observers.

But more importantly, what is Israel trying to achieve? Clearly the bombings will not get rid of Hezbollah : they will be weakened, but give them time and with the increasing support of the population they will rearm and there you are back at the starting point.
    They (Israel) do the best they can, just because they may not achieve their maximum objectives (or they are harder to achieve than anticipated) does not necessarily mean that they are wrong.

It will be tricky for Israel to accept to start negotiating with Hezbollah
    I don't think that would be an issue, they negotiated with Arafat after all. I thought the Israeli withdrawal to the internationally recognized border in 2000 should be the best negotiating tool but obviously that was not the case. It's not really clear what they should negotiate about, they don't have territorial or any other disputes with Lebanon, how do you negotiate with Hezbollah if they don't have any demands and no one knows what exactly they want (other than wiping Israel off the map).

The Brits eventually accepted to negotiate with the IRA
    I don't think it's a valid comparison, IRA never wanted to wipe England off the map, did it? Besides you just can't compare the mentality and culture of civilized Irish people (europeans) with the mentality and culture of middle eastern muslim nationalists and fundamentalists.

#49     Jul 31, 2006
  10. The epitome of a troll.

#50     Jul 31, 2006