The brave and heroic muslim freedom fighters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Z10, do have the same anger concerning those rockets Hebollah shoots into Isreali cities targeting civilians?

Probably not.

#11     Jul 31, 2006
  2. Same thoughts, yes.

Both sides are wrong.

#12     Jul 31, 2006
  3. Hezbollah? How about Lebanon, Iran, Syria, Hamas, Palestinians, even the UN itself - they all committed crimes, they are all guilty, they are all responsible. And as soon as these countries agree to be investigated, prosecuted and sued in the Hague, I am sure no reasonable person will object to Israel and the US standing trial right next to them.

#13     Jul 31, 2006
  4. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

No. Hezbollah is wrong and Israel is right. And YOU are wrong for saying both sides are wrong.

#14     Jul 31, 2006
  5. Do you believe in the concept of a fair trial to determine guilt?

Or should the world take your word for it?

#15     Jul 31, 2006
  6. Do you know what self righteousness is?

#16     Jul 31, 2006
  7. (assuming it's true)-If Hezbollah is not letting civilians leave the area and hiding in civilians zones why is Isreal responsible?

You don't know if Isreal bombed those buildings on purpose to kill civilians but you do know that hezbollah started the conflict and intentionally targets civilians. We know the UN building that was bombed was a hezbollah safe haven don't we?

Who is this impartial jury you are going to find? The corrupt un?

If both sides were convincted what do you think the muslim world's reaction would be? (Keep in mind, a cartoon in a few newspapers caused complete outrage ending in many deaths)

See you are assuming the world's muslim population is reasonable and rationale, they are not. YOu can't negotiate with fanatics and try and make them understand reason and logic.

The world will just be an endless cycle of killing muslims until they use a nuke on somebody and then they will be eliminated.

#17     Jul 31, 2006
  8. Let's let the Swiss people decide, they are neutral, and don't start wars...

Your bigotry against Muslims is duly noted though...

#18     Jul 31, 2006
  9. Using a civilian population for cover is inexcusable to the western mind. Apparently the Arabs have no issue with that. The divergence in values basically makes groups such as Hezbollah unaccountable for their acts of war.

Since Hezbollah is essentially untouchable how do you disband and disarm them so that they can no longer perpetrate acts of war against another nation?

Lebanon could attempt it but that would most likely end up in a civil war, one that Lebanon would lose.

The UN will not do anything. They are about as useless as the flea on my dogs’ ass when it comes to enforcing anything.

The Europeans will not do anything since they might be faced with their own civil war if the piss off the Muslims. Besides they are to pussified to do shit anyway.

Other Arab/Muslim nations will not do it since they basically support Hezbollah either through financial and/or moral support.

The US will not do shit about it since we, sad to say, have become damn near as pussified as the Europeans. Our boys and girls in the service would be forced to play nice, just as they are in Iraq, instead of taking care of business. Heaven forbid, their response might not be proportionate.

That leaves Israel with the dubious task of pissing off the liberals of the world. It would not be so bad except that usually the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the bleeding hearts are usually the ones who whine the most.

#19     Jul 31, 2006
  10. Let me guess, you're a european, right? In any case that's where the criticism is primarily coming from.

It's extremely convenient to discuss the weaknesses of democracy when you're surrounded by bloodthirsty armies of Monaco, Sweden and Belguim or something like that. That's exactly the attitude I had in mind when I mentioned self-righteousness in my previuos post (no offense). For Israel on the other side it's a matter of survival and even if it's not a matter of immediate survival they have every right to think 20 years ahead, 10 years from now it may be too late.

And Israel is already isolated on the international scene, they simply have nothing to lose. If you count the number of anti-Israel UN resolutions and compare it to the number of resolutons on Sudan (600,000 dead, 3 mln displaced - zero resolutions) or North Korea - you'll understand what I am talking about. Suffice it to say that Israel is THE ONLY COUNTRY in the world that is not allowed to sit on the Security Council or other key UN bodies. Oh and Zionism was a form of racism for at least a few years.

#20     Jul 31, 2006