The bottom

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Bull Hammers put in on Day charts for nq, es, tf. Gold 4 hour bull hammer too.

#31     Nov 16, 2012
  2. We'll know if it was a bottom in a week or two.

#32     Nov 17, 2012
  3. Daring

Daring

Are hammers really that important?

Half work, half don't, does not that mean we are back at the coin toss?

#33     Nov 17, 2012
  4. Bry

Bry

Hammers are only effective with confirmations:
    1. price moves above top of hammer
    2. price closes above top of hammer (better than #1)

without these two confirmations a hammer is not a bullish signal

aggressive traders may enter early, but it is more risky

exception: a hammer, esp. with white body, might be taken as a buy signal if it occurs with higher than average volume (volume spike)

#34     Nov 17, 2012
  5. Old Wall Street saying y'all might want to take note of: the bears have Thanksgiving, but the bulls have Christmas.

#35     Nov 17, 2012
  6. Are you saying that following a hammer, on a subsequent bar if price closes above the top of the hammer that price is more likely to keep going up than to go back down?

#36     Nov 17, 2012
  7. Daring

Daring

Thank you for helping, appreciated.

#37     Nov 17, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why does someone who doesn't even have a brokerage account keep asking such silly questions?

#38     Nov 17, 2012
  9. No single part of a trading plan such as Pattern signal is "that important" in the scheme of the whole plan

It has to be combined with exit , mm , and about 20 other things part of a complete trading plan.

I like to keep my eye on a few subsets of Hammers and thought I would point out the fact that some of those subsets occurred on the daily chart.

They only occur 1-3 times a year.

It would be like if I said, oh look , engulfing bar occurred today. Take it or leave it, just an observation and unless you know your own plan you wouldn't know the probabilities of X pattern signal working to your favor Y amount of time anyhow.

#39     Nov 17, 2012
  10. Bry

Bry

Yes.

#40     Nov 17, 2012