The bottom-picking thread (smelly fingers optional)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Kap

Kap

hey Mr Cutten, sounds like you've been around for a while, considering dothing cap, this fast move north is indicative of bearish price action, but its some almighty bounce for now anyways :-O

#61     Sep 18, 2008
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

8) no bail-out for now

what da ya think?? the day is upon us.....

#62     Sep 29, 2008
  3. sumosam

sumosam

Trin hit 4.44....vix up to ?48 ... can't imagine sentiment any gloomier/fear any higher.

IMHO, we rally hard on Wednesday when vote is passed....

Imagine market will go sideways tomorrow, if not drifting abit higher.

#63     Sep 29, 2008
  4. dsq

dsq

they announced they are going on vacation til thursday

#64     Sep 29, 2008
  5. Perfect.....the banking system (meaning the financial resources for every business and consumer in the U.S.) is going down the toilet, and they're off to party and celebrate the Jewish New Year.

#65     Sep 29, 2008
  6. Many posts and chest pounding.

Any long positions?

I guess that’s what separates Buffett from the boys.

#66     Sep 30, 2008
  7. ScottD

ScottD

It's almost as if the politicians realize that the situation with the true economy is not quite as frantic as they would like the public to believe. Hmmm...

#67     Sep 30, 2008
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Sure, i'm buying selectively. Have no idea when we will bottom. This looks like it's it until after the election assuming a bailout comes in a few days. I expect the S&P to eventually get down to the 800-850 level. But i'm buying some stuff, and have been happy to be selling puts anywhere with the vix above 30. Great opportunity here. Some of the things i like right now are the beaten down commodities, NHYDY, STO, AAUK, etc. and the bank stock UCBH. I also like selling FTO april puts when the underlying is below 18. In the main, i'm leaning toward non-US. Concerned about the dollar because of monetization of US debt. Obviously, i'm talking here from an intermediate to long term investment perspective, not short term trading. I only trade futures short term.

#68     Sep 30, 2008
  9. You give them far too much credit for knowing what's going on in the financial systems in this country.

It'd be far more accurate to say they are ignorant of what's going on in the true economy (hiding behind the mantra of not wanting to help the fat cats on Wall Street, when in fact this credit crisis is affecting the financial foundation of the entire economy), so they feel they have time to dither and play in their partisan politics.

#69     Sep 30, 2008
  10. Good time to add?

#70     Oct 6, 2008