The bottom is in...this time its for real

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Port1385, Jan 2, 2009.

1. stock trad3r may be a goofball, but I think we're in a bull market, and we've been in one for the past month or so.

The price action, vix, everything all spell bull market.

The market is saying it doesn't give a crap about bad news now - it is pricing in a recovery for late 09. If $700B of stimulus in addition to another $350B of tarp funds helping people pay mortgages and another few T of new money supply don't make a ding, then I'm afraid the laws of monetary physics just don't work.

That is what the price action is saying. Permabears get over it -- there is a hell of a lot of cash out there, and the gospel is that treasuries are tired and its time to put dollars into assets.

#11     Jan 2, 2009
  2. Never underestimate the power of denial - especially from those most vested in the status quo - the elites. They would rather gamble with disaster than accept reality.

At the end of the day, 1+1=2, and that cannot be changed - no matter how hard you wish it. The fundamentals are just not there.

#12     Jan 2, 2009
  3. There is no denying that the market is rallying on bad news, which is bullish. Don't fight the trend. What I'm saying may seem moronic, but it's true. The huge funds that move the market are ignoring the doom and gloom.

#13     Jan 2, 2009
  4. This market is overbought. Fade this move. It's all a commodity rally due to the oil bounce.

#14     Jan 2, 2009

5. You always claim to know what the "huge funds that move the market" are doing or thinking.

#15     Jan 2, 2009
  6. ...if you only knew...

#16     Jan 2, 2009
  7. #17     Jan 2, 2009
  8. This is just like 2002-04. Keep shorting your way to insolvency.

#18     Jan 2, 2009
  9. Just like you've been buying your way into insolvency since early '08?

#19     Jan 2, 2009
  10. The doom and gloom media don't run the market; the hedge funds run by some of the smartest minds in the world do. They don't confer with the new york times or huffingtonpost. Their technical and fundamental models are telling them to buy all they can.

#20     Jan 2, 2009