The botched US raid that led to the hostage crisis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Posting a news article of potential wrong doing by America is not a rationalization any wrong doing by Iran...

Or are you really too fanatical to figure this out?

What about two wrongs not making it right did your mother fail to teach you?

Oh wait, maybe your mother did teach you that...

#21     Apr 3, 2007
  2. I see, so regardless of whether the incident with Iranian diplomats described in the article happened or not, it in no way, shape or form explains, justifies, or excuses the kidnapping of British sailors by Iran, the title of the article is bogus, the botched US raid did not lead to the hostage crisis (as the second wrong would not make the first one right), the raid does not excuse the kidnapping of British sailors, the Iranian government is fully responsible for it and is guilty of breaking international laws. OK, we agree.

#22     Apr 3, 2007
  3. The story is possible, and quite plausible given this administration's clandestine antics.

Would that wrong make Iran right? No, I don't think so, but I don't know factually what actually happened. I hear two sides to the same story, and having an open mind, just want to know the truth.

Not being a fanatical closed minded person like some around here, and given the nature of spying by both the Brits and the Americans, it is quite possible that the soldiers were on a spy mission. So I am not going to assume kidnapping necessarily. I don't trust our government to tell us the truth, nor do I trust the Brits, nor the Iranians....so facts become the decider...not Bush the decider's habitually repetitive nonsense...nor the knee jerk Pavlovian responses of the neoklans...

What would America do if they caught a boatload of Iranian soldiers in our territorial waters? What would the Brits do? Throw them back because they were too small to mount on the wall?

#23     Apr 3, 2007
  4. The article does not even try to claim that the Brits were in Iran's territorial waters, it pretty much admits that they were not and that the kidnapping was a retaliation for the "botched US raid". But we agree that "two wrongs don't make it right" and that the US raid (real or imaginary) does not excuse or justify their illegal actions, right?

PS Honestly, if they captured US troops, Israelis, Russians, Egyptians etc I would tend to agree that it's very likely they were indeed trespassing. But politically-correct, UN-loving, international law obsessing Brits who are about to get out of Iraq and who have completely excluded any possibility of a military action against Iran under any circumstances... Nah, I don't buy that. And given Iran's history of taking hostages I think it's quite obvious who's lying.

#24     Apr 3, 2007
  5. Judge, jury, executioner...

#25     Apr 3, 2007