The Book of Luke

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by expiated, May 11, 2018.

1. stu

stu

and not really Luke, anymore than George Lucas is really Skywalker

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    #81     Oct 10, 2019
  2. %%
    I love that book;
    DR Luke recorded medial miracles.:cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#82     Oct 11, 2019
  3. A lie and the lier is still a lie, You sound like Jewish lier, sometimes some will burn for the truth...
    What Christ Said...
    -----His Father and Mother is the Holy Spirit
    -----His said to love each other, love your neighbor
    -----He said sword, to come down from heaven!
    -----He said forgive them for they not what they do( other cheeck)
    ----He said to pray for your enemies

#83     Oct 13, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    Good points.And remember also the name of Jesus=Word of Living God. So King David + son Solomon , in Psalms + Proverbs are much more than simply wise words[ I figure you know that].:caution::caution::caution:

#84     Nov 6, 2019
    schizo likes this.
  5. stu

stu

What Christ Said...
    -----He said But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. (Luke 19)

Bible Christ displayed a repeated vindictiveness and anger against those who would not do what he wanted. Such indignation reflects a serious defect in moral character and far less than that which should be expected from a so called loving supreme being, albeit a fictional one.

This kind of passive - aggressive switching between love and fury shown by the "Prince of Peace" is a significant trait in those who are more honestly and accurately described as tyrants.

#85     Nov 7, 2019
  6. %%
    GREAT POINTS;
    tithe also belongs to God+ taxes belong to gov,[Caesar] except in the states with no income tax..................................................................................................................

#86     Nov 8, 2019
  7. schizo

schizo

You totally misunderstand the point!!

When you spank your child for having done something wrong, is that out of vindictiveness? No, on the contrary. Even though it hurts you (it always hurts the parent more than the child), you do it out of love in the hopes of setting the child on the right path.

#87     Nov 8, 2019
  8. stu

stu

Misunderstand the point?

That an imaginary but supposed loving God wants those who won't agree with It to be killed ? Is that the point?

Or that it is a good idea to hit a child when it isn't doing what you want. Is that the point?

Or rather than consider you might be part of the problem , short temper, impatience or by simple bad parenting, you'd prefer to teach your child that violence is ok and will get what you want. Is that the point?

That Bible Christ wanting those who didn't listen to him - killed, is an equivalence to hitting a child who won't listen to you. That seems to be the point you're making.

Being seemingly oblivious to how violent passive-aggressive books like the Bible are not true measures for sound moral standards, is possibly the biggest misunderstanding of all time.

#88     Nov 9, 2019
  9. schizo

schizo

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet."

- Matthew 10:14

#89     Nov 9, 2019
  10. stu

stu

Well those are Jesus the passive words which you appear to be listening to

though ironically, you don't seem to listen to Jesus the aggressive words which immediately follow..

"Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town."

- Matthew 10:15

[​IMG]

#90     Nov 10, 2019