The Bollinger Band

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by padutrader, May 9, 2018.

1. Will DM to coordinate sending the indicator.

#21     May 9, 2018
  2. dozu888

dozu888

just use bare charts. no indicators. just price and volume.

#22     May 9, 2018
  3. John had a trading service years ago. Everyone lost money, and he shut it down. So, to answer the question, they don't seem to work for the creator of them.

#23     May 9, 2018
    Pekelo likes this.
  4. Jeffro72

Jeffro72

Price tends laugh in the face of standard distribution.

#24     May 9, 2018
  5. Jeffro72

Jeffro72

@AndersenBands Is that a linear regression line, or did you extract the line from volatility bands themselves?

#25     May 9, 2018
  6. Hi Jeffro72. Good question. The straight lines are the the values of the average and regression as of the last day between the vertical lines. So, that is a regression line and subsequently the line from the volatility bands for that day (the endpoint).

#26     May 9, 2018
  7. padutrader

padutrader

I have found profitability by using bollinger bands
    i use them the following ways:
    if price goes outside the bands it is a continuation signal;ie it is sign of high momnentum

I trade bollinger band Ws and Ms. what are these: when price goes outside the bands and then trades inside the band lower than the previous low it is BB W

simple stuff very unambiguous

and the most reliable indicator signal i have seen.
    yeah BB rocks

#27     May 9, 2018
  8. padutrader

padutrader

#28     May 9, 2018
  9. padutrader

padutrader

But i must say that expert price action traders will not get any new benefit by using BB.
    For the novice it will help them.

Any indicator will only tell you what price is doing; if you can judge, what price is doing, there is no need for any indicator

Indicator is a tool, an instrument to measure price but any experienced trader can eye ball the price and measure the same thing

It may be a crutch but if it helps you why not use it?

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    #29     May 9, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

here I will explain with the help of chart see below, how both BB and price action come to the same conclusion, one by calculation the other by eyeballing the market;the market is the same!
    in the chart the market goes below the BB at the red arrow marked 1;this is a BB continuation signal.

it then retraces to the moving average,and then continues to the lower band BUT DOES NOT GO OUTSIDE OF IT.
    BB is showing that the move down from the average is less volatile than the previous move down,which broke the lower BB: this is is a BB BUY SIGNAL.

PRICE ACTION traders will notice that the move sown from the average was much slower than the previous move down, that market took 7 bars to go down while in the previous move down,it took only 2 bars,made two attempts to break the previous low, failed and then went up,this is a failed low2, which is a High2, so this is a price action buy signal.

two different ways to reach the same destination. j.png

#30     May 10, 2018
    birdman and Xela like this.