The Bollinger Band

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by padutrader, May 9, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

yep i know everything
    :D

#11     May 9, 2018
  2. padutrader

padutrader

yes i started using BB and they have made me profitable

#12     May 9, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

i agree they made me profitable stopped me overtrading and so 90% of my losses have stopped helped me stop placement

#13     May 9, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

you mean john999 or?

#14     May 9, 2018
  5. padutrader

padutrader

what are you talking about?

#15     May 9, 2018
  6. padutrader

padutrader

Bollinger bands give the most unambiguous signals for swing bottoms and tops.

For those who want to know how you can pay me 10000000 usd and i will explain

for those who do not want pay me you may google Bollinger bands and download the file how to use the bands for free
    or see this video

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    #16     May 9, 2018
    zonag3 likes this.
  7. Bollinger Bands are good for identifying volatility squeezes under certain circumstances. However, if using them for trend or swing trading, there are challenges. Because BB is based on an average and the volatility around that average, when price takes off from a stable condition the volatility expands because the average is not tracking the price action. Thus, the bands widen and price "walks the band". I wanted something that tracked price action and reflected the volatility around the movement, not the lagging average, With that in mind, developed then later published an indicator based on regression "Standard Error Bands" in 1996. Due to certain restraints at the time, I was required to give it such an ugly descriptive name and changed it since but not published differently (yet).

Check out the image to see how the average vs regression tracks price movement differently between the vertical lines. The green line is the moving regression value and red line is the moving average. The magenta horizontal line is the average looking back from the vertical line on the right and blue line is the regression line evaluating the same data. Notice that the average is horizontal, thus price action moving away from the average simply causes volatility to increase but does not reflect direction. Conversely, regression tracks direction AND volatility. Cheers!

#17     May 9, 2018
  8. padutrader

padutrader

unfortunately we have the BB only
    what is regression though it sounds familiar
    oh you too are drinking..Cheers:D

#18     May 9, 2018
  9. What platform are you using? Depending on what it is I will share. You can also Google "Standard error bands" (icky name though)

Only drinks for me are sparkling water lol. Cheers!

#19     May 9, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

mt4
    i have heard of sparkling wine

#20     May 9, 2018